Fly Tying
zip

Big decision made

Well gents I have made a big decision in my life...

After years and years of putting it off I have finally decided to go back to school.

I took some classes in homeland security and counter terrorism while I was in the service...it was dryer than hell and doesn't hold interest any longer.

I applied to and was accepted at Georgia Military College for a degree in biology. I'm excited / nervous because I barely got my high school diploma!Lol!The excitement comes from the self improvement,which I have been longing for since I got out.

Just figured I would share with y'all.

All the best!Steve

Good on you.

I expect that it will be easier than you think, you have years of real life experience/training that the kids don't have, you didn't have in high school.

Good for you Steve. I think there's a huge difference between how a person does in high school and how they do years later going back for schooling by choice. High school is a place most kids don't want to be but "have" to be, going back for more schooling is a choice where you are choosing to be there because you want to be there, so I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Good for you! I'm a college drop out, and if I knew then what I know now, I sure would have done things differently. Best of luck to you bud.

Guys thabks for the support and words of encouragement. I really needed it!

Good for you! Have figured out what specialty you want to focus on?

They have a couple of marine biology and zoology programs I'm really interested in.

Congrats on the decision. I was 42 when they shut down Reserve Mining and I had the option of going to work on construction cranes or going to school with one of their programs. I went to a two year Associate Degree program at Lake Superior College Civil Engineering Technology. Then went to work for MN state until retirement. When I tested for the class I barely got by the math part. Instructor gave me some books to bring me up to speed before class started and school was rough by like steeldrifter said it's a whole lot different than High School, which I also barely got through my senior year thanks to partying and fast cars.

If I had the chance to do what you're doing I'd jump on it since Marine Biology is what I always planned on doing unitl life took some different paths for me and I ended up on construction equipment. Good luck, study hard, party later.

Being older, settled will make it better. I took Zoology w/lab my senior year as an elective. Aced it because it was interesting. Nice side from my math...got pretty abstract. Dad was disappointed when I got home and picked up a hammer. At least I didn't get killed in Vietnam. Never to old to go for it! Good luck!