Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Happy Birthday SteelDrifter !!!

10 replies to this topic

#1 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,646 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

Go buy yourself another ... tank?  Bonsai Tree?  RC Truck ???  Reel for one of those beautiful rods ???

In what ever way you can, enjoy your day.  And may you have many more !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#2 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Have a great day Steve. Have I missed your RC posts or is it away with the spray painting people.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

Thanks guys. Starting to get to that age were I look at the number next to my name on the screen and think "really? how did that happen?" lol.

Colin I've been pretty busy the past few weeks so haven't had a chance to work on the RC lately. I hope to get it torn down later this week and drop it off for powder coating by the weekend.

Mike I actually did buy myself a B day gift this year, first time in a very long timr I have done that. Ordered a Endlicheri bichir for my bichir collection tank. It was shipped today next day air so should be here tomorrow by 10:30am. I'll post a pic of him when it gets here. If you don't know what that is, the Endlicheri is the largest of the bichir species. This one is currently 10" but full grown it should get to be around 2 feet long. Here's one in this vid here for example

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#4 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

Happy day, even being older is better than the alternative, so forget the number and live it up.

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

1Kcabt.jpg

Coolest birthday shirt ever. "I'm going to make the fish an offer they can't refuse" :)

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#6 Lesg

Lesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

Nice shirt !!! Happy birthday Steve.

Les

#7 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

Happy Birthday Steve! That is a great shirt.

Chris

#8 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

My dentist, optometrist, attorney, banker and wife all younger then me. My doctor is still older but I don't think he will be around much longer. If your in the same boat then you are definitely old. Happy birthday!

#9 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:37 AM

7djpL2.jpg
5IPHjo.jpg

Showed up about an hour ago :)

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#10 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:59 AM

A belated Happy Birthday! 🎂
Cool looking fish.

#11 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had a great day! :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

Reply to this topic