Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Mann Creek, Allegan County, MI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Wondering if any of the Michiganders on this site have any knowledge to share about this little creek. I chanced upon it yesterday afternoon when I was re-routed through the Allegan State Game Area by my GPS due to an accident on the main highway that I normally take. It was a beautiful drive, and I was intrigued by this little creek that I crossed on 124th St. DNR studies that I found online indicate that it is considered one of the better brook trout creeks in the state, with naturally sustaining populations, plus a few browns and rainbows as well. It looks like the perfect place to try out my new little 6'6" 4 wt. this spring.

In the meantime, I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's ever fished it and/or knows anything about it.

As if I weren't anxious enough for spring already... :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#2 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Okay, 40+ views and no one has posted a reply, so I'm guessing the answer is no. :) I'm glad to know it's not common knowledge, just in case it turns out to be a little hidden gem. My guess is that it's either not that great, or possibly great but too small for most fly fishermen to mess with. Only one way to find out, which I plan to do as soon as weather permits. I'll add this to the must-check-out list, along with the little hop-across creek near my office that reportedly produced a 28" brown a few years back. It's shaping up to be an interesting season.

A lot of things may be broken in Michigan, but the fishing isn't one of them. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#3 stuck_in_indy

stuck_in_indy

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:35 PM

Bryon - did you end up trying Mann Creek?