Fly Tying

Im wondering what Fly boxes to buy for nymphs and dries Im all filled up lol

I am building a wooden fly box its got its hinges on I just need to buy some magnets for latching and Im thinking about making it like the epic creek system https://www.epiccreek.com/product-page/epic-tippet-fly-box

I've used some old boxes drill bits and such come in. Take out or cut out with a Dremel any thing inside. Glue in slit foam. Done.

Altoids box plus foam or magnetic sheets hold a gob of flies and fit any shirt pocket, I used to use pipe tobacco tins that were the same size as the mint candy tins. The only production boxes I've ever liked were/are the Perrine boxes, in several styles, they are still my main boxes; but when tying a bunch, the new stuff goes into the small homemade boxes first and then moved to the Perrine boxes as needed.

The impatience of youth. Spend a little time, and you can make that handmade box look truly awesome. Finish it and smooth out (sand) all those surfaces.

Yoops, from a guy that prefers handtools over power tools when time permits, that's a great effort and nothing a scary sharp chisel can't cure.

Here are some I 3-D printed. The pieces that hold the flys and streamers are printed separately from flexible material and glued in place where needed.

post-37228-0-27426000-1556495746_thumb.jpg