Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

7th Annual Casting for Recovery Project

Tie a Donation

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

I am in. Glad the deadline is far away. Cutting watermelon and five stiches later puts me out of tying for a couple weeks. photo (10).JPG

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#17 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,513 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:10 AM

im in if there is room

troutguy

this will mess up your finger tips. trust me i know.

i cringe every time i see one being used without the guard

41cuP7WllYL.jpg

We do it all the time! Get over it!

#18 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

OK, one spot left.  Who's going to step up?

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#19 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Still have one spot open. This is a great program and your donation is tax deductible.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#20 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

Mine hit the mail today.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#21 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Boy, that was quick! Thanks for your continued support of CFR.

Fishing Bob

#22 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Bob, put me down twice, I will take the last spot.

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#23 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Well done Utyer. Its a great cause and what better excuse to turn out some flies.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#24 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for stepping up Utyer, first time this didn't fill the first day.

Lets make the due date August 21st.

Fishing Bob

#25 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:01 AM

have fun fishy bob...

I missed out on this one this year :)

Dave Little

#26 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

Thanks to everyone who signed up.  Please mail your flies to:

Bob Nelson

4233 Hedge Ave.

Sacramento, CA  95826-6517

Tight Lines to all,

Bob

Fishing Bob

#27 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,513 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

flies hit the mail today

i mislabeled to cardboard jewelry box with "reel recovery" oops

i can send out another box if need be

We do it all the time! Get over it!

#28 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

I just received word today that J. Stockard will once again be supplying the fly boxes.

Fishing Bob

#29 cencalfly

cencalfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

Bob,

Please drop me from the swap and open up the spot for someone else.  I have been unable to make the deadlines in the other swaps I'm in and really shouldn't commit to any more until I get my crap together and meet my previous commitments.

Jim

#30 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

Bob, like Utyre I can fill the second spot. I was going to put mine in mail within a day or two but would be glad to double up and with J Stockard stepping up with boxes I just need to send one mailing. If someone else jumps in fine, just let me know. I'll probably pull the second set out of the 20 full or semi-full boxes I have that may never get fished unless I give them to someone.

Nick