Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

RBF: Its just another Snapper rod with 3,50m

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 RBF Staff

RBF Staff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

I don't post any rod for a long time so today i want to show you guys a Snapper rod that i build about six months ago.

The blank is an American Tackle ATX series, with two tips, Fuji K guides and a Pac Bay reel seat. The threads are all from ProWrap.
I used an aluminum butt with a grip made with EVA half balls with aluminum washers in the middle. Not the first time i do this grip but always like the final result and its very comfortable in the hand.
The graphic its very simple with a Snapper head, the name of the rod, "Venator Lutjanus Purpureus II" and my logos.

image hosting

Aluminum butt

hosting immagini

The balls grip

upload immagini

Pac Bay reel seat

hostare immagini

Fore grip made with synthetic ray leather.

free image upload

The graphic

host immagini

caricare immagini

Black and white marble guide wraps with trim stripes in black, silver, gray and neon green.

free image upload

image hosting

Hope you guys like this one.

Abra├žo
Nuno

Reply to topic here http://www.rodbuildi...showtopic=32270