Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Troutbum11

Quill Body Midge

Thanks for posting the video. Really cool midge. I tied one up (doesn't look nearly as nice as yours) and plan to fish it soon. Can't wait to see how the stockers like it.

Nice, post a pic if you don't mind. I'd like to see how they turn out!

I don't post photos anymore. I posted a few photos a long time ago before SmugMug ( what I had for a photo hosting site) stopped embedding capability from their site. Since they did that, I now cancelled with them and I have no hosting site now, which seems to work out fine . For the record, they won't be anything special to look at..LOL

I was once told, "If there's no pictures, it didn't happen !!!"

It's easy enough to post pictures directly from your computer, without the need for a photo storage site.

I was once told, "If there's no pictures, it didn't happen !!!"

It's easy enough to post pictures directly from your computer, without the need for a photo storage site.

attachicon.gifbest fishing hole.jpg

It hasn't "happened" yet , Mike, so no lie there ! Not those particular midges anyway. I'm not interested enough to take macro shots of size 16-20 midges anyway, never mind try to share the photos. Some people have that passion, that was in another time and place for me long gone by.

Dave G, No Worries. And I'm sure they well be good enough to catch fish, which is all that really matters!

I'm probably going to alter the pattern anyway, into chironamid pupa to use in a couple of local ponds. They don't hatch till late March or early April, so I don't need to start tonight. I liked the stripped peacock, it gives me another interesting option in my chironamid bottles ( I stick them in pill bottles, it's not like I don't have enough empty pill bottles around ).