Fly Tying
Piker20

Notification of comments

Just noticing that folk can leave a comment on a fly that has been posted to the Pattern Database. How do you know if someone has commented on your fly. I stumbled across a question someone had asked.

I do not mean comments left in the section of the forum cold water/warm water/ salt etc that the pattern pops up in. These comments are actually on the pattern database board.

Cheers

Good question. I see if you click on "comment" you get a new page that has your forum name shown, but I don't see anywhere that you can click to get replies. I think maybe the trick is to make a comment, and see if you get an email when someone else comments or replies. I'll look for one I really want more info on, and give it a try.

Piker

I just left a comment on pattern nr. 11694. When I go back to it, my comment still appears there. Search that fly, and see if you can see the comment.

Yep the comment sits there but I am not aware anyones left a comment. I hate to think someone is looking for advice about a pattern and they dont get a response.

How about commenting back to me on that fly. That way I can see if it works two-way (if I get an email notification)