Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
oxfordian

Anyone ever tried a product called "Chew Balls"?

looks similar to a product called something like "Otter's Real Eggs" or some such a few years ago, except those were packaged as individual little balls, not all strung together in a chain. I never tried them, as McFlyFoam yarn was much cheaper and worked just fine.

I do use egg Yarn patterns quite often however I've had alot of success with a realistic looking egg pattern fly tied by a local fly company.. I altered the ones I had to suite my needs this past winter but I would like to tie a few dozen before fall steelie season..

It requires 3mm or 4mm rubber eggs in a hot orange or salmon color..

I would prefer to buy within canada as I wouldn't be purchasing enough to offset the cost of international shipping..

Any reviews, suggestions or help is always appreciated.

thanks

Ever tried hot melt glue and glue gun technique? Don't know if I have seen it in Canada. Bought mine out of a shop in Montana Years ago.

I have tried the glue gun method in the past. I don't recall them turning out very round. I will see about finding the correct color glue sticks and maybe give it another try.

I have been away from the tying bench for a few years now. So I'm sort of re learning alot of techniques and tricks again.

I'm just getting back into it again now that I can afford to start re-purchasing materials after an unforseen storage accident..

Wow , I'd hate to " google this " scares the crap outa me what could come up in search

Hmmmm .... I've heard that humans are not instinctively afraid of anything. It takes prior experience or teaching to be afraid.wink.png

Sooo .... just what HAVE you been "googling", David, that makes THIS search "scare the crap outa" you ???tongue.png

Wow , I'd hate to " google this " scares the crap outa me what could come up in search

Hmmmm .... I've heard that humans are not instinctively afraid of anything. It takes prior experience or teaching to be afraid.;)

Sooo .... just what HAVE you been "googling", David, that makes THIS search "scare the crap outa" you ???:P

Ahh lmao, valid point ,

Seems to me that the people who market Chew Balls are missing the boat by not having a lion or a couple of piranhas on their logo. I know it would get my attention.