Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MuskyFlyGuy

Materials box

What is the name of the business that sells Christmas boxes of materials? Would they contain bass appropriate materials? Have any of you used them?

Thanks

Tom

Yes and yes. I've gotten 3 packages from them and all are a great bargain. There are a few items that don't match the more expensive things on the market but their hair and other stranded material is great. Good mix of bait fish colors from dull to bright in their Congo Hair. Lots of great dubbing and their Kraken and Crap dubbings are very good. Can't go wrong and for those tying musky flies and bigger bass flies all their material is very long and tie wrapped in center so easy to work with.

You won't find more material for less anywhere. I have ordered a fisherman's and a mini bait box from him. I do not think I will ever use all of the material.

It is too bad they do not have a bigger natural materials catalog.

I was concerned about shipping because of a couple of old threads I saw here in the forum, but my two different orders at two different times made it from Montana to Florida as quickly as it can be expected.

I have a mini bait box on its way😄 expect it any day I can't wait. I had great response form a question I had on the order and it shipped within 24hrs. I post when I get it but I don't expect to be disappointed

Got it today lots of Congo hair and flash material. I will be tying flys for bass all winter with this supply don't think there are any colors I would not use. Very happy with FTD

Thanks for the help. I am looking at either the Congo box or the first baitfish box. Mostly tie for Muskies and bass. Which box would you recommend?

Thanks

Tom

Since this is the beginning for my journey with this type of fly the bait fish box was great choice. Lots of different flash which I think could be used for any type fish. A couple of different types of Congo hair which I am learning a lot with. Colors were what I would describe as bait fish. Equal amount of flash and hair. There was also a bunch of dubbing which I will need to learn what to do with. What I have read is pike like bright colors and most of the stuff in this box I would not call that

I just received a fly tyers box and some deer and elk hair. Wow! Pretty good deal. Lots of interesting materials (most of which I have no idea how to use yet...) and the hair patches are a heck of a lot bigger than others I've bought.

Thanks to all of you with thoughts about FTD Christmas boxes. Mine came today and it is a great selection of materials. I am looking forward to start tying with them. I will buy other gift boxes from them in the future.

Tom

I find that the "wrong" colors you may get are an invitation to tie different flies that you are used to.

Swap, maybe?

Even if you don't use them at all, the boxes are still a great value.