Fly Tying
fshng84

Three Suggested Flies for Rainbow Trout....

Question from a Reader of our Blog asked, "What fishing flies have we been using to fish for Trout this Season?" In hopes of answering his question, decided to post an article, Three Suggested Fishing Flies for Rainbow Trout. Hope others find it useful, too. It includes details on how we tie the fishing flies... easy to tie, easy to fish...!

title01.png

Fished the Blue River (Oklahoma). Was able to limit out using a White Near Deere, Olive Near Deere, and a Tandem Rig Near Deere and Midge. Also, had one take a COAF Guadalupana. Video Clip... Looks like two of the three suggested fishing flies did well!

Here is a link to the articles section of a partner website our Web Admin has been working on. It pulls in the article about the Three Suggested Fishing Flies for Rainbow Trout with other related articles to other patterns we have tried in the past. May prove useful to some who would like to tie them as well... StockerTroutFishing.com.

Two of us limited out at a local pond today. One used PowerBait; the other used a BH GRHEN... had to break ice from the rod guides at one point. But, still good to see one of three suggested fishing flies worked this round! Today's Video.

Found this today... Today's Post. It's a DVD for tying six fishing flies that were recommended by the Blue River Fly Fishers for fishing the Blue River in Oklahoma. Not sure where to buy the DVD anymore. Glad I found it again.

IMG_3102.JPG

I like that video. The hookset is the best part, for me, and you showed those well. I always use a stripping guide, exactly like the one you put on. When strip setting the hook, I burn my finger if I don't have one on.

Nice video, nice fish ... and I like the picture of the Near Deere at the beginning.

Thanks mikechell! Working on a video on tying the Olive/Brown Near Deere at the request of a Reader of our Blog. Will post soon as editing is done.

Here is a video that has more detail on a variation of the Near Deere Fishing Fly - a productive fishing fly tied on a small jig. This one uses Olive Marabou for the tail and Brown Flash Chenille for the body. Simple pattern that is a consistent producer of Trout as well as other fish in our area! Today's Video.