Fly Tying

Big stuff

We headed back to Ft Lauderdale for peacocks and hopefully tarpon this time. Visit my cousin and his new baby also....Hence got the big 12wt....

IMG_2688.jpg

Well, if you don't catch anything, you won't be able to blame the flies. Those are perfect for the job.

Added some more fiber bait fish outa EP, FS fibers, craft fur, different flash colored with sharpies.

IMG_2743.png

What a nice set of salt water flies. Don't be surprised if the dudes around you fishing want one.

Put rattles in last 3....Here's couple craft fur ones. No rattle shank too short. Didn't think about adding mono bridal for the rattles. Tie hank w/lil flash out the tail and reverse 3 more hanks then fold back each and wrap. Used long craft fur. UV lil on head to retain shape and color with sharpie. Are peacocks canibalistic? Got a baby one...

IMG_2748.jpg

Went back and added rattles....

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

Last year asked the charter boys at Robbie's, Islamorada, to pick out the best tarpon fly outa my box. They said my version of the Supreme Hair Shrimp....That lil thing? You're kidding...anyway, made some meatier versions...

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

Yes, peacocks are cannibals. Green/yellow/orange is a very popular combo.

Last year asked the charter boys at Robbie's, Islamorada, to pick out the best tarpon fly outa my box. They said my version of the Supreme Hair Shrimp....That lil thing? You're kidding...anyway, made some meatier versions...

I'm not familiar with supreme hair. Think ep fibers(Congo hair) would be an ok sub for this pattern?

Not sure if EP,Congo alone is stiff enough. The clear/white(?) is combined with some SF (Steve Farrar's) that has some flash in it and some blue/purple crystal flash. You could combine lotta stuff but the supreme hair kinda the back bone if you will.

This stuff is common?

https://shop.flyfishsd.com/products/wapsi-supreme-hair-super-hair?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2NXTBRDoARIsAJRIvLyTUE9A5ScU1kam21VqoPWEdbEZr8CVVHAybU8TjnOgyjVmJoM3l5MaArqyEALw_wcB

http://www.feather-craft.com/super-supreme-hair

Top is supreme, white/clear

EP clear/white. didn't use

SF gray with flash

SF shrimp colored... tan. Didn't use would make a tan rather than gray overall color.

Blue/purple crystal flash

IMG_2755.jpg

Mixed the three together

Dang! Wish ida put rattles on them. Don't think I can back up on these to add like the streamers.