Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

10th Annual Casting for Recovery Project

post-20459-0-22497900-1526624324_thumb.jpgpost-20459-0-20469900-1526624306_thumb.jpg

For this, the tenth year, I am looking for 14 fly tyers to tie enough flies for a very Special Casting for Recovery Retreat. This retreat will be, in association with Project Healing Waters, for disabled Women Veterans who are also dealing with breast cancer http://castingforrecovery.org/home Tyers will put together a box of flies for a participant, each with an assortment of 12 flies. As these are the fly patterns requested by Casting for Recovery Please use ONLY the following patterns for your box: Bead-head Nymphs (sizes 10, 12); Attractor Dry Flies (sizes 8-12); Terrestrials (sizes 10, 12); Woolly Buggers (lightly weighted, sizes 6, 8); Parachute Adams (sizes 10, 12). Please tie some combination of 12 flies so that each participant gets 12 flies in their fly box. In the past many of you have sent extras which I have put in a separate fly box to be auctioned off by CfR. I have contacted J. Stockard and they will again provide the fly boxes. So send your flies in an Altoids or similar box that you do not want returned. When I have 14 confirmed tyers I will send a PM with my mailing address. As in the past, when I receive a confirmation from CfR I will post a copy for tax purposes.

DUE DATE JUNE 30

1. Jburge - Received

2. Li’l Dave - Received

3. Stabgnid - Received

4. Utyer - Received

5. Woodenlegs - Received

6. Vicrider - Received

7. Flytire - Received

8. Flygirl - Received

9. Dflanagan - Received

10. Rockworm - Received

11. Piker20 - Received

12. Cphubert - Received

13. Chugbug27 - Received

14. DavidHE - Received

ALL FLIES HAVE ARRIVED. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR BEATING THE DUE DATE!

Ah, I would have done some again this year but can't guarantee they'll arrive by end june.

Welcome dflanagan and Rockworm. four to go. Piker I think you have plenty of time if you want to reconsider.

Ah go on then Bob, pm me your address again and I'll have something in mail next week.

Okay Bob, let's get this straight for the slow tiers like myself. Not that I tie all that slow but sometimes think slow. One your mixture you want the listed flies but is you plan to have each group of flies from each tier as a separate entity or will you mix and match? I would plan to do a couple from each group with maybe 3 of whatever looks best to round to 12. Also, If I have an idea for a special fly for each participant would you want 14 to put one in each box or would you need a few more to cover it?

Each box is a unique box from that member. I put your user name on the box with a label that says. " Tied for Casting for Recovery by ________". I tie 14 sparkle pink woolly buggers for each participant, but if you want to do something also I will be happy to include them. I am still needing one more tyer, if you know someone send them a PM and ask them to join up. 6 weeks to tie 12 flies should not be a problem.

I do apologise for my tardiness, mate.

I will sort out a selection this weekend and get it in the mail as soon as possible next week.

Bob, I'm not sure where the wires got crossed, but I didn't say I was in on this one. I have been so busy trying to change some things at home so it wouldn't remind me so much of my wife that I don't have much time or desire to tie right now. I also had to get everything out at my dad's place and most of it's all still packed and stacked in my room where I tie so I can hardly even get to my desk. Sorry to not help out this year.

Take Care,

Tony