Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

A little more color

I guess you could call this a sister image to the one I posted a week or two ago. Here's a before & after. As a fine art photographer, I'm not interested in realism, but rather visual impact. I guess it's the challenge of making something out of nothing, and having no rules to follow. I've had some success doing street photography and urban landscapes, but this is the kind of stuff that really blows my hair back these days.

post-281-0-80783400-1493821506_thumb.jpg

post-281-0-08770200-1493821547_thumb.jpg

While I like the colors, to me, it's just abstract art. I've never been much of a fan of abstract art.

LOL - good eye. That's exactly what it is. (Remind me not to enter any competitions where you're on the jury LOL). I'm not what you'd call a "sunset-over-the-mountains" artist. I like to look at that kind of stuff, but that's not art, it's taking pictures. The essence of abstraction is making the subject matter secondary. or even irrelevant, while still engaging the viewer. Every genre has its trash, and it also has its quality work. That's what separates TV shows like "The Wire" from "Keeping Up With The Kardashians."

The editing definitely makes a big difference. Don't look too long though or it will make your eyes head haha

Mouse, that probably explains why I'm usually seeing things that aren't there when I get up from the computer. Back when I was exhibiting and spending eight or nine hours a day working on pictures, stuff on the screen would start to move on its own after a while. When you see a rock start slithering up a tree, it might be time to think about taking a break.

Peter I haven't seen the water look like that since the 60's

LMAO - GC, that's an advantage we geezers have over up-and-coming artists. We don't have to look around us for inspiration. It's already packed in there among the damaged brain cells.