Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pelhament

Metal Detector

I forgot to add that you can add a collar of guinea or just schlappen if you'd like. Here I added Mallard flank. Also, the tail looks like it is point up but that is because I had to shove what small bit of exposed hook shank there was in the vise to get a good grip, it normally lays parallel to the hook shank.

I thought the site's image software would resize my images, but it didn't so here are some more manageable pictures.

IMGP0444.JPG

IMGP0442.JPG

IMGP0440.JPG

I like these flies a lot, especially the black & blue one (top one). I like how the flash material adds a sparkle under the body and it should keep the fly nice and fluid in the water by holding the marabou away from the body a little. These fly will have tons of motion in the water as well.

You better keep a good grip on your rod, because the hits are likely to be vicious... ;)

Very nice - so you are basically making your own cotter pin shape with the shark wire, then tying on line for the stinger hook?

Michael

Thanks, yep that is basically what I am doing. I really only make an eye with enough of a tag to slide under the cone and then wrap a few times with thread for extra stability.

I bought a gold metal detector not long ago and in order to test whether it is useful I have used it to find underground metal goods that hidden in my garden, to my surprise it has found my mother's lost golden ring. Then I took it to the park and the gold metal detector find a few coins. Really amazing and I want to share it with your guys.