Fly Tying
zip

New years fly fishing

Doing a little trip up to my home river.Fishing the lower area of the Great Smokey Mountains in the Greenbrier area.I didn't catch a thing today, but I ended up with some gorgeous photos and it just felt good to be home!

I wish all of you the happiest of New Years!

All the best-Steve

post-3092-0-44677900-1514855043_thumb.jpg

Fish would just be a bonus when the setting is that pretty :)

Couldn't agree more buddy.I know everyone of us loves to catch fish,but sometimes just being humbled by the environment is the most important lesson one could learn!

Happy New Years Steve. Great looking spot to fish! As stated, a fish would have been a bonus - that's what keeps you coming back right? Think March or April (if you can fish there then legally :) )

BCT

BCT-This has been a favorite spot to fish since I was a tiny guy.March and April is always killer as well as mid to late fall.The river produces some gorgeous Brooks and wild browns.

Best wishes to you Steve! Beautiful pic. I'd love to take the kids up that way one day. Take care.. ps I'll give you a call when I get off this afternoon.

Beautiful! I was fishing the GSMNP back on the 26th. A few hookups but none to net. We were near Cherokee, NC.

Best wishes to you Steve! Beautiful pic. I'd love to take the kids up that way one day. Take care.. ps I'll give you a call when I get off this afternoon.

Holler at me whenever bro!

Beautiful! I was fishing the GSMNP back on the 26th. A few hookups but none to net. We were near Cherokee, NC.

I fished up that way this trip as well.Like you,I got a few hook ups but no smelly hands!

Zip, I don't know if you live in the area or were just visiting like me, but we oughta get out in the park fishing sometime!

I'll bet it's Beautiful in the Summer. Right now, to me, it just looks cold and dead.

The fish were moving,but it was just cold as hell,Mike!This morning was a brisk 7!

Zip, I don't know if you live in the area or were just visiting like me, but we oughta get out in the park fishing sometime!

I'm from there originally, but just went up for a visit.I can show you some great places at higher elevation for natives in the spring.A yellow Sally tied on a #18 usually does the trick.

More photos please, Zip.

Right now sunny Florida ( space coast ) is raining, 45 degrees with 95% humidity and gusting to 36kts.

Very crappy start to the new year.

Might as well be up north.

Busted a hole in the ice and got this first one under water.Also got this other one from New Years in Gatlinburg. My wife and I go there fairly frequently.

post-3092-0-92366500-1515129386_thumb.jpg

post-3092-0-80935700-1515129448_thumb.jpg

post-3092-0-15833800-1515129519_thumb.jpg

More photos please, Zip.

Right now sunny Florida ( space coast ) is raining, 45 degrees with 95% humidity and gusting to 36kts.

Very crappy start to the new year.

Might as well be up north.

I still have some editing to do as well as compressing,but there's a few for you,brother.Come up North...Winter is coming lol!