Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FishnPhil

Amazing nature

That's a cool video. It's their method of attack. I've seen lots of videos where an owl does that going into several feet of snow after a rodent.

And I'm still amazed at the fox's ability to pierce the snow and get mice out of there.
By the way, I have a question, did anyone use binoculars with camera to track animals or something, like, that? How effective or not?

I've taken pictures using a monocular. I never liked binoculars, so always used a monocular. With digital cameras, it's much easier to do, since you're seeing your picture on the screen before pushing the button. And since the lens is so much smaller than SLR or DSLR cameras, it fits nicely.

hawk 1.jpg

I've taken pictures using a monocular. I never liked binoculars, so always used a monocular. With digital cameras, it's much easier to do, since you're seeing your picture on the screen before pushing the button. And since the lens is so much smaller than SLR or DSLR cameras, it fits nicely.

attachicon.gif hawk 1.jpg

I also think that most modern technologies are good only in words. But sellers talk about their quality very beautifully.

You'll never get professional grade photos using binoculars and a phone or digital point-n-shoot camera. If you want high quality photos, you will need to spend some money and get a DSLR with some good telephoto lenses.

Mike's correct. A solid lense will run $1500 and up. Solid camera bodies can be found for $300-500. It's ALL about that lense!

I've been lucky enough to see grizzlies fishing, hawks grab rabbits, bobcats grab rabbits, eagles grab fish, and probably more amazing and graceful animal events than I can remember and it never gets old.

SemSema, there are a few animals that do similar things, I agree, super cool

You'll never get professional grade photos using binoculars and a phone or digital point-n-shoot camera. If you want high quality photos, you will need to spend some money and get a DSLR with some good telephoto lenses.

I also think so, including because all highly specialized things are always very expensive, and if there is a combination of two special products, there will always be a better quality than one by one!

Mike's correct. A solid lense will run $1500 and up. Solid camera bodies can be found for $300-500. It's ALL about that lense!

I've been lucky enough to see grizzlies fishing, hawks grab rabbits, bobcats grab rabbits, eagles grab fish, and probably more amazing and graceful animal events than I can remember and it never gets old.

SemSema, there are a few animals that do similar things, I agree, super cool

Thanks for this video! This is just great! It was about him that I spoke. What year is it? 2001? : D Unfortunately, I can not put your post, writes that I have already reached the limit;)

You've definitely have NOT reached any limit.

You can get warnings if you try to post a second reply too quickly, use too many emoji's or (in some cases) try to post something without comment.

Or you just got a glitch.