Fly Tying

This fly uses a heavy dumbbell to keep the fly swimming hook point up. The way this fly is tied, the dumbbell is hidden with the craft fur and 3D eyes. This fly, being tied with craft fur, moves wonderfully in the water. The movement is much like a dying baitfish due to occasionally turning sideways slightly when being jerked.

Hook: Gamakatsu SS15 size 1/0
Fiber: Craft fur (white and chartreuse)
Hook Wrap: Pearl cactus chenille
Thread: Danville Fly Master - 70 Denier
Weight: Dumbbell Eyes - 5mm
Eyes: 3D eyes - 5mm
Adhesive: Fletch Tight
Head Cement: Solarez "Bone Dry" UV Resin

Nice tie Mc fly

Particularly like the way the fly undulates through the water.

Another point ....your ties are becoming cleaner and more controlled...nice work on this fly

All the best

Retro. :)

Nice tie Mc fly

Particularly like the way the fly undulates through the water.

Another point ....your ties are becoming cleaner and more controlled...nice work on this fly

All the best

Retro. :)

Thanks! :).

It does look great wet.

Yeah, I know we both were commenting on that one post about the difference between a streamer that is wet vs dry. In the water standing still this fattens up quite a bit, looks like a bluegill or shad profile, but when wet or stripped, it will thin out quite a bit like a minnow profile or something. When this fly is wet it looks a lot like those soft plastic jerk baits (spooks).

Thanks BTW

Good Video...much improved over the others.

"Fletch Tight"...?

Isn't that Archery fletch cement?...I'm an archer who builds his own arrows so when you say that that's what I know.

Good Video...much improved over the others.

"Fletch Tight"...?

Isn't that Archery fletch cement?...I'm an archer who builds his own arrows so when you say that that's what I know.

Yep! Works great for flies also!

I used to use that stuff, then switched over to the super glue gel they were selling at the time for fletching and knock attachment ( seemed to hold better on both aluminum and carbon arrows .) . But now I notice it looks like they might have uprgaded the formula since those days. Then an old truck crash caught up with me in my neck and shoulder and I sort of just drifted away form archery.

Nice video incidentally, good job and that fly looks like quite the swimmer !

Swims nice too, now that I had a chance to watch.

Not a big fan of craft fur, but I think it is because the stuff I had was not the good long tying type of fur.

What brand are you using for this fly?

Very nice video, I for one enjoy a little bluegrass music, and without words and just a few subtitles, you clearly showed how to tie the pattern. The results were a great looking bait fish pattern adaptable to many different situations.

Swims nice too, now that I had a chance to watch.

Not a big fan of craft fur, but I think it is because the stuff I had was not the good long tying type of fur.

What brand are you using for this fly?

A pic of it is on the material list in the video. I tried to upload another pic, but I guess my phone takes pics too large to upload. Sorry... but just go to the video again, and right after my intro is a pic of all the materials. It's it's "hairline extra select craft fur". The extra select is the longer stuff.

Very nice video, I for one enjoy a little bluegrass music, and without words and just a few subtitles, you clearly showed how to tie the pattern. The results were a great looking bait fish pattern adaptable to many different situations.

Thanks!

I used to use that stuff, then switched over to the super glue gel they were selling at the time for fletching and knock attachment ( seemed to hold better on both aluminum and carbon arrows .) . But now I notice it looks like they might have uprgaded the formula since those days. Then an old truck crash caught up with me in my neck and shoulder and I sort of just drifted away form archery.

Nice video incidentally, good job and that fly looks like quite the swimmer !

I've never done archery, just use it for fly tying. I don't neccisarily like it better than the gel super glue, just it's what I have right now. The gel super glue ended up clogging and drying in the tube after a few months of use, so I researched other things you can use for attaching eyes, and someone suggested this. It seems to work the same, however it's never dried in the tube over the past 6 months or so. Not sure if it was user error on the super glue or not, but that's just my experience.

Thanks for the nice words about the fly.