Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Pflueger reels/spools

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 samsonboi

samsonboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:02 PM

Hello there, getting rid of some reels to make way for a click pawl Medalist ring line-guard reel I want to buy, if you have one I'd do a trade. PM me with your email if you would like more photos, give me details and I'll take them. Buyer pays actual shipping.

$310 takes both reels and the spool. I am open to offers for the bundle, everything is flexible.

One Pflueger Medalist 1496 drag (not click) ring line-guard reel in great condition. The metal pins that turn the drag plate are there, the springs are fine and the clicky bit is good. Just last night, I dismantled it, scrubbed off all the old crusty grease and re-oiled it. The finish is not all there, it has obviously been fished hard but taken care of. There are no operational flaws; it has all original Pflueger screws, metal latch cap, line guard, drag plate, etc. No aftermarket stuff on this reel whatsoever. Let's call it $190 for starters, shoot me an offer.

Attached File  IMG_5092.JPG   185.29KB   0 downloads
Attached File  IMG_5093.JPG   166.75KB   0 downloads
One Made in USA (Akron type latch) spool for a Medalist drag reel 1495. Just $5 plus shipping. It is missing the drag pin. It can be fixed, I just don't know how to fix the pin myself but I hear others know how. It is the 6-rivet construction and besides the flaw mentioned it is in great shape. By the way, smaller Medalist spools fit on larger reels- these work on the 1496, they just don't fill up the whole spool area. I'll include it with either reel if you like, just ask.

One Pflueger Patriarch 5/6 modern fly reel, very good condition. Fished a few times, some signs of use. $120 OBO

Attached File  IMG_5096.JPG   162.23KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_5098.JPG   181KB   0 downloads

#2 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,682 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:43 PM

post some photos here

Respect someones else's ideas. We are all different people. Your way is not the only way.

Never argue with a self proclaimed expert