Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

A fly tying video

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:41 PM

Yep, everybody is going to hate this video. But at least you can see the fly. By the way this is my first fly tying video.

please don't hate to much, but if you enjoyed it PLZ give it a like and subscribe to my channel.

1. The captain is always right

2. It's the deckhand's fault

#2 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

I don't hate it too much.smile.png

#3 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

I liked it fine, I hope you keep going, it's getting better all the time
cb27

"Fly tying is replete with unproven theories and contradictions and therein lies much of it's charm and fascination." George F. Grant, The Master Fly Weaver

#4 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:03 PM

Keep going. You tie like a 60 yr old in a teenagers body.
Old guys are always forgetting where they put stuff.
We get so frustrated we have to take a nap and then forget what we were doing.
I envy the resources you will have as you get better and older. You already have the salt.

Kimo

signature.gif

#5 retrocarp

retrocarp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

Keep going young fella ....practice the fly before you video it and prep materials in order of tying , tying in front of the camera is much harder than people think .

I like purple too .

Nick

#6 petelangevin

petelangevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

Keep up the good work. That fly will catch fish. Love that hat too!

#7 feathers5

feathers5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

Getting better. I enjoyed the video and I admire your efforts.

#8 JayWirth

JayWirth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

I liked the video and got an error message that I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day. 

You did a nice job!  Lets see some more.

Jay Wirth, Vestal NY

"Everyone has a responsibility to not only tolerate another person's point of view, but also accept it eagerly as a challenge to your own understanding. And express those challenges in terms of serving other people."

Arlo Guthrie

#9 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:38 PM

The positive votes/ likes thing has been broken since before I joined and that was a few years ago.

#10 SILKHDH

SILKHDH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:16 AM

I think it's awesome that your going for it!  If I had one bit of advise it would be to wear light colored clothing when making a video. Your body is the back drop for your movie. It makes it easier to see what your doing. Makes sense , right?

GOOD LUCK AND CARRY ON DUDE!

#11 Al Beatty

Al Beatty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

Hi TIER,

I liked your YouTube video. It's a strong effort as a first video. Yes, there are some things you could do different. I'd be pleased to GIVE you one of our books (The Self Publishing Encyclopedia). One of the chapters in it is the methods we use to shoot YouTube videos. You may find it helpful. Please email me (us) at [email protected] or go to our website (www.btsflyfishing.com) and use the "Contact" link. Be sure to put Fly Tying Forum Book Offer in the subject line. We'll need your USPS Mail address to send the book. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty
www.btsflyfishing.com

#12 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:57 PM

Hi TIER,

I liked your YouTube video. It's a strong effort as a first video. Yes, there are some things you could do different. I'd be pleased to GIVE you one of our books (The Self Publishing Encyclopedia). One of the chapters in it is the methods we use to shoot YouTube videos. You may find it helpful. Please email me (us) at [email protected] or go to our website (www.btsflyfishing.com) and use the "Contact" link. Be sure to put Fly Tying Forum Book Offer in the subject line. We'll need your USPS Mail address to send the book. Take care & ...

Very nice.