Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kudu

Smoked trout fish dip

I love smoked trout/salmon/carp/sturgeon. I'd always just take a piece and dip it into my mouth, never to be seen again. Sadly, I never gave that a shot even though I've eaten fish in almost as many ways as Bubba Gump ate shrimp.

I fished with a guy who made the most awesome smoked trout pate...wish I had asked for the recepie - I'll bet you can find one online though

Sour cream, cream cheese, tiger sauce, crushed garlic. Mix it all together seasoning with the tiger sauce to your heat liking. Other things to add are diced onions, celery, and hey go for it. No rules...just keep some crackers handy to taste test as you go. I find if my fish doesn't have enough smoky flavor I'll add some liquid smoke. To add another dimension to it sometimes I dribble a little bit of almond extract in to make a gourmet dip.

Hmmm, getting hungry just thinking about it.

Thx Salty. Followed your recipe with a few substitutions, yum! Just what the doctor ordered.