Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

Current events

I have been quiet recently, but I think it is time to start a serious debate in this forum about an event that has been in the news recently. I am not trying to change anybodys mind, I am not trying to start feuds, I am not trying to stir the pot. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that includes me too. I just want to say how I feel. It is hard to watch tv and be quiet when you hear what is going on. Because of that, respectfully, and knowing full well that most of you may disagree, because it is your right to do so under the protections this country affords us all, I just want to express my total and unabashed opposition to LL Cool J as a candidate to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Haha. Until your last sentence Bimini..I thought this was going to be a thread on lake o water releases. .

It is not funny if you don’t read to the end.

I am sure many people will not get to the punch line and will think I am anti something or other.

Oh well...

Having personal problems with LL Cool does not mean you should discriminate against him as to his the right he has earned to the Hall of Fame anymore than Pete Rose should be denied for his rightful place as one of the greatest of all time or Tiger Wood should be shunned just because he had a wandering eye and the money to enjoy it all.

Oh wait Steve, is that pushing it too far toward political argument? My bad.

No one said they had personal problems with LL cool J. It's the fact that it's the Rock & Roll hall of fame. Name a Rock & Roll song of his?...Take your time I'll wait lol

It is odd... I can't think of one or find one... but he is cool. Meanwhile, while looking I came across a 1979 YouTube of the Sugarhill Gang's only ever hit Rappers Delight on Soul Train. You can't watch that and not be drawn in. So much fun

The post was really meant to provide levity, to be comedic relief from the real crap that is going on in the world.

I do wonder about the requirements to enter the R&R HOF, but I do not give a dime whether LL Cool J gets in or not.

Now, I do not know much about Pete Rose because he was done shaking his stick before I moved to the US, but Tiger Woods has clearly earned his spot as one of the best ever to consistently put it in the hole.

Steve, you asked for one rock-n-roll song from LL Cool J.

I can't answer that. But I also couldn't tell you one person who is already in the Hall of Fame. I've never watched an Oscars Award show, Never watched an ... "M-E"? ... the one for music? Is it like M. E. for Music Excellence?

Anyway, it's like all the other "Hall of Fame" things (sports etc.). I just don't pay attention to that stuff.

I don't watch those either Mike, just not my thing. Asking for a rock song from LL was more or less a joke, because he's a hip-hop artist not a rocker.

Bimini- I knew this thread was just a bit of levity, I got a good chuckle out of it myself smile.png I did look to see though and see that LL was actually nominated for the RRHOF...and that's just goofy. Then again I saw yesterday that the boy scouts of America are saying they will let girls join now, so I guess in this messed up society anything goes these days blink.png Sometimes I really long for the good ol' days when people were sane and had common sense.

When I was in the Scouts ... I would've LOVED having girls in there. Sex "education" during the camping trips ... what fun !!!

They let cheap trick in the rock HOF so why not LL Cool J. As for Pete Rose, he is a complete scum bag. He should never be allowed in for betting on baseball alone or having sex with children alone. Since he did both of these things, no freaking way. He should be known and remembered as the crude ball he is.