Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

4 ONE SHOULD BE AGUIDE

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 force feeder

force feeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:04 PM

WELL GUYS STEVE HELPED START THIS OUT ON A GOOD NOTE . I WOULD LIKE SUGGESTIONS FOR NAMES FOR MY BABY baby.gif COMEING .SO YOU NO IT I PRAY 1OR2 OF MY KIDS WILL BE GUIDES OR SOMETHING WHERE THAY CAN TAKE THE OLD MAN FISHING THE OTHER KID NAMES ARE NASH, SHELBY, GRACIE, WELL HERE WE GO LET ME HAVETHEM I NO THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MANLY FISHING SITE BUT I NO YOU GUYS CAN DO IT BESIDES MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE FIRST BABY baby.gif NAMED ON ARE SITE AND BROUGHT UP NEXT GENERATION AND HAVE FUN GUY NO FEELINGS HORMONES WILL BE HERT baby.gif crying.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#2 ridderbos3

ridderbos3

"Sorry boss I seem to have anal glaucoma. I just cant see my ass going to work today"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:07 PM

wow, no suggestions from me, which really frustrates my wife because we are expecting our second child in may! I am not much for the name game.

John

#3 redneckfisherman

redneckfisherman

Pygmy Deer Slayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:16 PM

Well, rainbow, steelie, kingey, and smallie are always good. LOL. J/P. HMMM, how about drake or suzie if you like duck huntin, jake if you like turkey huntin, and buck if you like deer huntin, or hunter, if you just like all around huntin. LOL. Just some ideas. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

P.S. My wifes first child is gonna be named drake or suzie. LOL.
GIT ER DUN!!!!!

#4 ridderbos3

ridderbos3

"Sorry boss I seem to have anal glaucoma. I just cant see my ass going to work today"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:24 PM

I told my wife that if we ever got a dog I got to name it. I want to name a pet Tippet!

JOhn

#5 Guest_Ladykiller_*

Guest_Ladykiller_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:26 PM

Xavier
Hunter
Mason
Xerses

#6 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,754 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 11:44 PM

damn keith did you glue your cap lock down tonight wink.gif

how about : Hyde smile.gif

SD

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#7 uncletube

uncletube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 02:28 AM

Keith
Name him Orvis or Winston. Ross is also good!!!!!! headbang.gif I Think Sage might work well as a middle name! blink.gif but dont call him cortland sounds too snobby crying.gif
wind knots and broken tippet
Tube
" Who are you trying to jive with that cosmic debris?"

#8 J Desjardins

J Desjardins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:52 AM

Ok, Having been through this naming game a couple of times there are 2 ways to proceed. The first is to present only the names you like to your spouse and go from there. I'll let the others fill out those names.

The second method involves also presenting a second list of names; those that you know have no hope being chosen. I personally used the periodic table of the elements for this one. For some reason my wife didn't like the idea of Cobalt, Hydrogen or Cadmium for a childs name biggrin.gif but went for my more "normal" choice. Here are some suggestions and there derivation for that second list:

Salvelinus - genus of Char
Oncorhynus - genus of trout
Trutta - species for brown trout
Fontinalis - brook trout species
Trico, Hexagenia - bug names
Nerka - sockeye salmon species
Mykiss - rainbow trout species

John Desjardins

#9 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:08 PM

If its a girl, I like Brook. Nothing more beautiful than a brook trout !

The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#10 DFix

DFix

New and improved, guaranteed to handle 3.4 gigs of translation per minute!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:19 PM

Stone; Garrett; Harry; Walt; Bertram; Ephus; Jeremiah; Stanley; Montrose; Taylor; Miles; Huckleberry - all good guide names!
wink.gif

#11 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 02:31 PM

Jeremiah, now thats a MAN's name.

You like rabbit pilgram....

Skin that one and I'll getcha ya another...

The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#12 force feeder

force feeder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 06:29 PM

laugh.gif baby.gif ok you guys are doing good thanks keep them coming i woulld like to wright more but it is 630 and i got to drive 5 hr to ohio for work tonightithink next door to smalie hunter i tryed calling him but no luck anyway later and thanks agian

#13 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,754 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 06:31 PM

Oh you gotta go to Ohio kieth? sorry,my condolences

tongue.gif

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts