Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

How to fix a rod.

When making videos I think it's best tip ask yourself if it's made in a way that you would choose to watch it, easy to see (it is a video) and if it demonstrates whatever it is in a straightforward manner that makes sense, if you can't see it well it's not going to meet any of the other criteria, re-shoot it. I don't make videos because I don't think I'd want to watch anything I would put out, probably would explain stuff badly even if the information was correct don't feel like spending the time to shoot and or edit a quality video.

I have one instructional video I did on waxing snowboards or skis for a buddy's snowboarding company, because I didn't have too shoot it or edit it, just stand there and tell people how to do something.

I only made it through the first couple of minutes before pulling the plug on this one.

As others have said, it's practically unwatchable, due to the darkness.

A few more tips....

Edit a little tighter. When your camera is falling over, and you have to keep adjusting it before you can proceed, just cut that out. We don't want to endure through the sudden jumps.

Secondly, to make a remark like "I don't know what you can see, but I don't care", is a big turn off. It shows that you have zero concern or interest in your potential viewers.

Lastly, adopt a more positive and upbeat persona, even if only on camera. I lost count of how many times you ran everything down with "crappy" and "really crappy". If you want repeat viewership, and for people to look forward to more of your videos, you need to make them feel good enough to want to continue with you.

Watch videos that you like, then start to dig and think deeper. Scrutinize them on a technical level. Why do you like them? Then strive to incorporate those qualities into your videos.

104C86AC-FDFA-4E37-802C-4BB8E9D533A4.pngFEDADBB6-715A-4EDA-9573-AD02D4498C1B.pngAA8EF613-88D3-4B09-9392-26580C699743.png+1 Pyme

Lost me at 30 seconds

Feeling deja view, this forum helped FlatsRoamer, maybe he can mentor ya, TIER

Also recommending the attached book (see some of the table of contents here,) but not trying to be harsh. Despite having produced close to 1000 videos, and shooting about 10% of those, I learned a tremendous amount.

You just have to keep Working at it... Carry On