Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

10ft 5wt custom rod

Actually finished this one up last week but with the hand injury I wasn't able to get any pics of it till just now. This one is a 10ft 5wt 3pc with nice wood insert, custom grip and small butt. Black wraps with just enough ice blue metallic to make the rod pop without being too blingy.

VaiA34.jpg

2Y2eR5.jpg

v4IGQx.jpg

3oaqEY.jpg

Nice job as always of course. But I can't say I'm a huge fan of the blue you have used lately, Just me though. Carry on !

Love the blue... lol. To each his own though. Also like the more subtle stuff as well... but this blue on a dark rod blank pops, nice job

Love the blue... lol. To each his own though. Also like the more subtle stuff as well... but this blue on a dark rod blank pops, nice job

Hey MC Fly, I tried to send you a PM and got a message that says you can't receive any new messages. Are you all logged up or something ?

Hey MC Fly, I tried to send you a PM and got a message that says you can't receive any new messages. Are you all logged up or something ?

Maybe, do I need to delete them? I'll check...

There's blue on that rod? Oh, yeah, there's a touch of it.

Nice rod ... but what's wrong with blingy?

Everyone has different tastes. Personally I think that metallic ice blue is one of the prettiest blues out there. It's got a nice subtle look to it that's not to in your face like some of the real bright blues that come in metallic. Would defiantly have no problem using it on one of my own personal rods.

Everyone has different tastes. Personally I think that metallic ice blue is one of the prettiest blues out there. It's got a nice subtle look to it that's not to in your face like some of the real bright blues that come in metallic. Would defiantly have no problem using it on one of my own personal rods.

Folks, it sold me. This Blue! Just need to remind myself: bring one of my other 5's if I ever have the honor and priveledge of fishing with Chill, it might get "lost."

It's a beautiful blue. I'd like it on a 67 Nova or Camaro drag car without doubt, maybe mixed with some other blues and white or silver !

It's a beautiful blue. I'd like it on a 67 Nova or Camaro drag car without doubt, maybe mixed with some other blues and white or silver !

Dig your car choices, these two just barely behind any GTO of 60's circa

Dig your car choices, these two just barely behind any GTO of 60's circa

I like most of the 67's-69 ( those two Chevy's about top my list for looks though) but I raced a 67 Mustang fast back big block myself. I also like the years 33-34 or so Fords. Not necessarily in silver blue what ever that color is LOL !

Folks, it sold me. This Blue! Just need to remind myself: bring one of my other 5's if I ever have the honor and priveledge of fishing with Chill, it might get "lost."
Is this one yours? What a beauty, might have to add me to the growing list of people who might "lose it", Ken it was damdest thing, I swear, right when your back was turned this thieving deer came up and grabbed your rod, durn thing got away clean too.