Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

"The thin blue line"

anDthX.jpg
VfMBdQ.jpg
H8K3aN.jpg
cH9TzE.jpg
T7NhiX.jpg

"The thin blue line"- This one is a build for a soon to be retired police officer in NJ. He decided to buy himself a retirement gift so we did this one up with black wraps with a thin blue metallic accent, thin blue accents in the burl cork grip, a nice window style carbon fiber seat which goes along nicely with the theme of the rod, as well as his badge # near the grip.

Very nice!

And a fitting tribute to a life of service to the community. You can pass along my deepest gratitude to him, and all Law Enforcement.

Customer requested a 2nd hook keeper on that spot. he said he likes to break the rod down while still strung up and moving from spot to spot. Personally I don't think having a 2nd hook keep right there is going to make a difference, but customers gets what they want lol ;)

I missed that hook keeper location !!! That's my idea !!!

I wrap the leader around my reel and hook it to a guide up the rod. That allows me to keep more line out for the next time I pick it up and start to use it. Boat fishing mentality.

I want a keeper up there so I don't have to put the hook in a guide.

Umm, I do like the idea for breaking down the rod. Never seen that before though. As Mike, tends to be a guide that is used.