Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Got Crabs?

*SORRY - EOI CANCELLED DUE TO MONSOONAL FLOODING*

If there is interest....

A dedicated crab swap for the die-hard salties among us?

I don't want to post too many details until I get interest. I want at least 6 swappers (plus myself) We'd tie 12 flies each if we get 6, which would mean everyone gets two each pattern (and you wouldn't get your own back). IF we get 10 swappers (plus me) we would reduce that to 10 flies, so everyone gets one of each, (still not getting your own back).

I'm international... So I know that's an issue.... Will leave this open for two weeks to see if it fills. IF not, I'll call it off.

Cheers,

It's all good mate.

Will leave it up for a moment, it took three days to get one response so far. I won't be holding my breath.

It depends mate. You guys usually look at around to 10 to 15USD. And it's important to try to keep the package less than 20mm (a little less than 13/16in).

If I can get help we can reduce the costs by having someone in US collect and redistribute, so then only I have to worry about the international postage costs.

The US collect and distribute idea is great, i brought it up when vicrider was looking for suggestions to improve a system to get more international tyers back swapping and nothing ever came of it. I miss swapping flies with Lil Dave, Piker20, Crackleback, several others so we need to come up with something. I highly doubt that it would be that much more to send everyones sets of flies out if someone in US was just sending everything to you.

Its busy season for me at work so I should probably sit this one out but if you end up getting 5 and need one more to run it Ill join it. Been wanting to start tying some small crabs for bones so this would be good practice.

Thanks boys.

I'll keep it open for a little while, so don't tie anything yet. There have been one or two swaps that have worked well enough using the collection point central to the US swappers

Atxdiscgolfer, I'm looking to join in some swaps again but the last couple of years have not seen me tying much at all and I need to get back to some regularly tying and then will join in a few again. This one tempted me but I honestly don't see me tying much this side of summer as things are now.

Same here Piker20, been way too busy with work but after a Saltwater Fly Fishing trip in Tampa and entering a BWO swap on here and I am getting the itch again. Stay in touch, good to hear from you

As it turns out. I am cancelling this. We have had unprecedented flooding here at home this week, with more rain on the way. We are going to have a lot more to deal with than tying flies.

Thank you for the interest,

First post updated.