Fly Tying
Ed Gallop

Uploading Profile Picture

I don't like my profile picture but can't change it. Every time I select and try to upload another picture it goes back to the one already there. Glitch, or what am I doing wrong?

rumor has it that if you depress the F5 key at the top of your keyboard its supposed to refresh your avatar photo

you may have to do this multiple times

do the refresh after you change out your old photo for the new one

it may not work the first time but it does work

I'm deleting the old photo and saving changes. Then I try to upload another photo, from my computer as well as on the web and the old picture shows up every time. I have tried everything I can think of. The F5 key does refresh. I did it at least a dozen times in vain but I'll keep doing it.

maybe you can try logging off the forum and the log back on. might work

this forum has never been the easiest when it comes to changing avatars

I did log out and shut down my computer. I couldn't change the picture for the last 3 days. I like challenges but this? I think I tried everything.

Apparently it just takes time. Remove the picture and wait a day before trying to upload another. At least I think that is what happened. Thanks for your help guys.

Apparently it just takes time. Remove the picture and wait a day before trying to upload another. At least I think that is what happened. Thanks for your help guys.

I've been wondering about that too. I'll delete my avatar for a few days and then try to upload the new one.