Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Sale on 9' 7/8wt 4pc custom rods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

I was able to get another half dozen of the 9' 7/8wt 4pc blanks which I just ran a sale on back at the start of January. So going to offer these here again to you guys for a special price of $115 each again.

This is what some of them looked like last time around. This time around they will have some nice hand turned wood insert reel seats on them.

http://www.flytyingf...showtopic=88063

http://www.flytyingf...showtopic=88074

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

Makes me wish I had a reason to buy one.

#3 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

Wait till you see the first one that will be ready tomorrow evening. or should I say, wait till MIKE sees it lol. I started the first of these tonight and did a deep royal blue main wrap and then a metallic blue steel trim. Never done those two colors together before but it looks ridiculously good together happy.png

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#4 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

QRsCe0.jpg

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

#5 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,509 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:42 PM

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, "I don't exaggerate."  Oops.  Stupid auto-correct.  Meant to say, BLUE is the best color, period !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#6 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

Very nice .

Rick

#7 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

Nice color combo, gives me an idea about green done like that on a green blank !

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#8 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,330 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:35 AM

First one is done and up for sale, and it is a beauty! http://www.flytyingf...showtopic=88165

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com