Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

an amazing evening light over the dam......

The light was amazing a few days ago as it both painted and lighten up the little lake that the rena river runs into

The DAM made a perfect line in this incredible lightning and luckily i was there to document it :-)

22137046913_a584ff44bb_h.jpg

Terje

I tried my hand at photography when I was much younger. I remember many of the aspects of a good shot.

Soft lines and hard lines.

Light and dark.

Contrasting colors.

Conflicting angles.

The dam, clouds and cloud reflections all lead your eye toward the right ... but the detail of the lighter trees keeps your eyes from drifting off the picture.

This picture has everything ... technically perfect, and stunningly beautiful.

But I have one fault that catches my attention: What is that red/purple line center left edge?

I tried my hand at photography when I was much younger. I remember many of the aspects of a good shot.

Soft lines and hard lines.

Light and dark.

Contrasting colors.

Conflicting angles.

The dam, clouds and cloud reflections all lead your eye toward the right ... but the detail of the lighter trees keeps your eyes from drifting off the picture.

This picture has everything ... technically perfect, and stunningly beautiful.

But I have one fault that catches my attention: What is that red/purple line center left edge?

Thanks a lot Mike for your kind comment. I really really appreciate it :-) :-)

The red/purple line is actually a light source at the dam that i would not remove as it´s a part of the dam :-)

Terje

Hey Terje, u da man! Thank you for another beautiful shot. I know nuthin' about photography, but do know to admire cool stuff. Thank you sir and cheers, Ed

Mike.... Picky, picky, picky!

Terje, You know you're the greatest. (You and Eide's and Kimo's flies... they're incredible too). Only thing missing here, is you in a kayak with a flyrod, but then someone else would have had to take the picture.

Hey Terje, u da man! Thank you for another beautiful shot. I know nuthin' about photography, but do know to admire cool stuff. Thank you sir and cheers, Ed

Thanks a lot for your kind comment, Ed :-) :-)

Terje

Mike.... Picky, picky, picky!

Terje, You know you're the greatest. (You and Eide's and Kimo's flies... they're incredible too). Only thing missing here, is you in a kayak with a flyrod, but then someone else would have had to take the picture.

I don´t know about that but i really appreciate your kind comment, FlaFly :-) :-)

The season is over so there is no chance to enter the kayak with my flyrod until next summer :-)

Terje

Another great photo Terje.Amazing colors and reflection.Great job.Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you for your kind comment, Kentuckysteve :-) :-) :-)

Terje

This is wonderful. I think you ought to mat, frame and hang this one on the wall. Just beautiful.

Kirk B.

Thanks a lot, Kirk. I really appreciate your kind comment :-) :-)

Terje