Fly Tying
COMike

Would you FISH IT? I would!!!

I have to say....I did not fish this stretch......we were scouting ELK.

However, NO ONE fishes this stretch........SIMPLY NO ONE....most are scouting hunting spots.....

Pristine waters that I find on my JEEP expeditions........

This IS my passion! Small trout and perhaps a larger one but the drives/hikes keep the Day Trippers away......

See the first pic and then watch the others.....

IMG_5836_zps7b583169.jpg

Nice pool.....surprised after walking for 30 min or so to find them there.....

IMG_5855_zps40cbc81a.jpg

Another alpine lake......Don't even ask how long the trek is for this.....it is VERY swampy....took a bit for the shot....

Next shot below is my DREAM for fishing....

IMG_5859_zps75233e89.jpg

One road in....one road out!!!

IMG_5863_zpsa8e923ff.jpg

Mike :)

The first picture illustrates that trout CAN thrive in little pools.....they may be small but they are there just the same.....

The first pic led us to the mountain lake......

It was a "BITCH" of a hike in there.....total swamp from out access point from the fire roads....DON'T bring a car or TRUCK....seriously it was a HUGE endeavor to even make it there.......

HOWEVER, Mt Lakes and streams are chock full of beautiful fish!

Nice pictures! Those spots are worth trekking into. You certainly have access to some gorgeous country, and more trout water than anyone could fish in a lifetime. That is a very enviable position to be in. :)

Lovely scenery. Now get out there and show us some fish. Bet there are some lovely shades of trout in there.

Absolutely right! As they say - the purpose of the big name streams and rivers is to keep folks away from the small gems.

I fish a bunch of small streams in N. Michigan, some of which you actually have to get down on your hands and knees to get to, fighting the brush & brambles all the way. I can honestly say in 50 years of fishing them, I have seen less than 1 dozen other fishermen in there. Just the way I like it!!

If only it didn't get below freezing there. I'd love to fish streams like that, but I must live in places that have more tropical flora.

Thanks everyone!!!!

We do live in a great area of the country.

I like being away from people when I am in the mountains. Not that I am anti-social but I just like imagining that I was the first person to ever experience the areas.

As soon as my rod gets back from the Healing Water's contest I will be making a trek to do some fishing! I have a 7'6" 3wt my lovely wife got me in March but I really don't understand casting yet. I went fishing on a guided Healing Waters trip yesterday and had a ball but my casting skills are no where near good enough yet. Thankfully in May I will be taking lessons with Healing waters for 3 weeks.

Well....I think it is time for me to get energized for some Gold Hare flies.....that is the next fly I want to become semi-proficient at!

Beautiful country and thanks for posting the pics. And since you mentioned casting, streams without trees look inviting. There are some in central PA but not in southeastern PA.