Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

The old boat by the riverside.......

Glad to see you're back... Beautiful pic! Is that your boat? That doesn't look much like a fly rod lying in it.

Very nice composition, Terje. It's a great picture.

But one of the reasons I don't like B&W photography. I KNOW that's a spring/summer picture. I KNOW those are leaves on the trees. But B&W just looks like winter to me.

Terje,

That is really nice. It looks so quiet and peaceful. Maybe a few songbirds singing and a slight breeze whispering through the trees. I love B&W photography. I don't need to see the colors at all in a picture like this because my imagination kicks into overdrive and I can imagine them any way that I want, There could be white blossoms on the tree and perhaps a splash of color from wildflowers on the far bank. The boat could be a shade of red or green with some paint peeling just enough to give it character. Like I said before, really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Take Care Terje,

Tony

Glad to see you're back... Beautiful pic! Is that your boat? That doesn't look much like a fly rod lying in it.

Thanks a lot, FlaFly :-) :-)

It´s not my boat. This old boat has lied there for years and are used by an old man that shows up every year. A really nice old man that has given me lots of information about the river over the years :-)

I myself have a sit on top kayak :-)

Terje

Very nice composition, Terje. It's a great picture.

But one of the reasons I don't like B&W photography. I KNOW that's a spring/summer picture. I KNOW those are leaves on the trees. But B&W just looks like winter to me.

Thanks a lot, Mike :-)

I know you don´t like B/W pictures but i sure do :-) .....this photo in B/W gives me a even stronger feeling of a really old boat :-)

Terje

Terje,

That is really nice. It looks so quiet and peaceful. Maybe a few songbirds singing and a slight breeze whispering through the trees. I love B&W photography. I don't need to see the colors at all in a picture like this because my imagination kicks into overdrive and I can imagine them any way that I want, There could be white blossoms on the tree and perhaps a splash of color from wildflowers on the far bank. The boat could be a shade of red or green with some paint peeling just enough to give it character. Like I said before, really nice. Thanks for sharing.

Take Care Terje,

Tony

Thanks a lo, Tony :-) :-) It sure looks quiet and peaceful :-)

I have the same experience when it comes to how i look at this picture as you do......... i start imagining lots of things when i look at it and the B/W version works better on this in my opinion :-) :-)

Thanks again, buddy :-)

Terje

Really nice framing and composition. I've always preferred black and white also, it allows for people to focus on the content rather than the color.

Really nice framing and composition. I've always preferred black and white also, it allows for people to focus on the content rather than the color.

Thanks a lot for your kind comment :-) :-)