Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CaptMote

New from FL

Hello from Destin, FL... I am Captain Mote... I am not new to tying but have a lot to learn... I'm use to tying crappie jigs and a few trout flies.. I'm now looking into tying saltwater flies and jigs as well as growing my tying skills in general! I look forward to learning a lot!

Welcome to the site, Mote. Deltona here. No Saltwater for me ... too much fresh water venues to explore closer to home.

Welcome aboard. I fish the big bend a little east of you. Show us some of your ties when you get the chance

Welcome Capmote... I'm Tampa Bay myself. But like Mike, I prefer freshwater fishing. That's not to say I'd refuse to fish in saltwater, and have been known to do so, but given a choice, it's fresh for me. I also have a 2nd house up in western NC, but as yet haven't gotten to fish up there. I'm disinterested in trout, or trout fishing, or stream wading... much prefer canoeing in a lake.

You're in the right place to build your tying skills. Good luck and good fishing.

Orlando area here, and I like to fish the IRL and Mosquito Lagoons, if there is any fish left alive that is. The current releases of water from Lake Okeechobee, and the Brown Algae are killing off most of whats alive in many areas.

Hello. I'm in Apalachicola. Used to live in the lower Keys, and near Homosassa. Lots of good saltwater. Tie till you die!