Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nrthcsteel

jungle cock rock and usk grub

post-4870-1160241849_thumb.jpgpost-4870-1160242312_thumb.jpg Just recieved Dec Hogans new book. Its a great book especially for the spey fisher. Havent got into spey casting yet but after reading the book I am looking at rods reels lines etc. Just what I need more toys!! Anyway been filling my box for winter and thought I would give these two a shot. They are fairly easy to tie and I really like the looks of them. Glad this forum has started up and hopefully we will start seeing some flies!

post-3635-1160249432_thumb.jpgpost-3635-1160249432_thumb.jpgpost-3635-1160249497_thumb.jpg

post-4870-1160241849_thumb.jpgpost-4870-1160242312_thumb.jpg Just recieved Dec Hogans new book. Its a great book especially for the spey fisher. Havent got into spey casting yet but after reading the book I am looking at rods reels lines etc. Just what I need more toys!! Anyway been filling my box for winter and thought I would give these two a shot. They are fairly easy to tie and I really like the looks of them. Glad this forum has started up and hopefully we will start seeing some flies!

HI

Fine flies

The Usk Grub is a fantastic fly a real killer. Your variation is good looking.

Never heard about Dec Hogan but if he can get you starting using spey casting then go ahead.

Here in Scandinavia and on the Brittish isles almost everybody spey cast one way or another. In my opinion it is a must if you are really into salmon fishing because if you are only able to use overhead casts there are to many places that you simply cannot fish (and that is were the big fish are).

I attached a few Spey casting pictures for inspiration.

regards

Jens

post-3635-1160249465_thumb.jpg

Hey Jens. Thanks for the reply and the inspiration. Great pics what a beautiful river! Dec Hogan is a pretty big name out here in the Pacific Northwest. He is a guide, writer, tyer and an all around steelhead junky along with being a top spey caster. His new book is called A passion for steelhead. You should check it out its a nice book with lots of good info in it. Anyway thanks again, I may need lots of help with this spey casting!