Fly Tying
dflanagan

Any interest in a carp fly swap?

So unless I missed it somewhere, it looks like it's been a long time since there was a carp fly swap. I've gotten the required number of swaps done and was considering hosting one but wanted to see if there would be any interest in a carp swap. Anyone here fish for the ugly, rubber-lipped things?

Great! I'll need to check in with steel drifter and then I'll post up a thread for it. Any suggestions for a due date? I was thinking May 15. Is a month far enough out?

Im interested. It will be my first swap, but I would love to participate.

I just posted the thread for the swap (Carp craic!). Jump in there and post "I'm in." and I'll get you on the list. Glad to see so much interest and glad to have you.

Haven't ever fished for carp. Looking at possible patterns, they all look above my ability. I'll have to pass on this swap.

Haven't ever fished for carp. Looking at possible patterns, they all look above my ability. I'll have to pass on this swap.

I haven't fly fished for them yet either but I've tied a few patterns for them. Damsel nymphs and soft hackles work pretty well from all I've read. Lots of simple stuff out there for them (thankfully, or I'd never get any tied). Give it a shot. :D