Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Timber!

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to post a sign "Private driveway" as opposed to placing the big ol tree trunk across? Seems like a lot of work if you want to get out of your driveway...

At least that'll help out your fire wood supply.

Still trying to get rid of the huge pieces of wood from the same A'hole neighbor's tree that feel in my BACKYARD and crushed my shed from 5 yrs ago dry.pngdry.png

All I seem to get are oaks and locust coming down around here. I got one silver birch and some apple though. Apple turns awesome, I've been making turned lidded boxes and candle sticks/holders from that and birch.. Got plenty of oak, not sure what I'm gonna do with it . Maple might be sort of nice turning, depends how hard a maple it is. Locust wants to look nice but invariably cracks later on, not a fan of that stuff and I have tons of it around my spare lot up back. You would have a lifetime supply of maple seats from that tree though ! Are you good at stabilizing wood Steve ?

Responses I thought of as soon as I saw the picture:

1) That front yard looks a whole lot different than the one I remember ... Did you move?

2) Wow! If you didn't want me to come back, you could've just said so!

3) (seconding Decisions comment) Privacy, we don't need no stinkin' signs ... just drop a tree on their heads!

4) Wow! The Detroit area really is falling apart !!!

My sympathies with your plight, there, Steve. I hope you can get all the pieces off your yard and stacked in front of Neighbor's house.

And, of course, glad THIS tree didn't damage any part of your house!

Nope that's my front yard Mike, pic taken from the front door. A'hole neighbor got it all removed and it's all piled in front of his house now. So only damage to mine was it took out about a 4ft Japanese maple I planted out front 3 yrs ago, and it busted a couple of the good size limbs on my 40 yr old crab apple. Sucks to lose those but at least it did not hit the house.

Neighbor is a complete jerk though I never have liked him. He never even came to the door at all today to say anything to me. So I just stayed inside and let him clean up his mess. He's never been much of a man IMO.

Michael

Nice but your canoes are awesome still remembering those beauties.

Steve

Sorry man. Like I told you in my email I have a jackass neighbor on the small farm next to mine that cut a tree down that landed on my fence. My son and I removed it last weekend. Luckily, I didn't have any cattle in that field right now. The funny part is that I forget to tell you is that he some sort of preacher from the Detroit area that has transplanted to Southern Kentucky. His place is a complete sh...hole. Junk everywhere. No pride. Maybe he is kin to your neighbor? No, I don't like him either.