Fly Tying
raven4ns

GCO hooksVS Mustad

Hello,

Is there a comparison chart between GCO and Mustad hooks? The cost of hooks in Nova Scotia is quite high so I am looking further afield for my tying materials. Thank you.

Tim

I think the hooks are ok quality the bigger issue has been customer service, yooper ordered some recently though and got them in a timely manner.

the traditional series follows the same number designation as tiemco so they should be easy for you to figure out

go with mustad. check out "hook and hackle" website for discount prices

I use the umpqua u series for some holes they're much cheaper than any other quality options I've found the jig hooks are great.

A truly dedicated fly tier would just move to United States over this issue..

All kidding aside Ive never ordered from GCO.

But check out Allen hooks. I dont know anything about shipping charges to your part of the world but theyre nice hooks I have no complaints and thats about all I order anymore

Thank you Mike for the smile on my face, however, I think I will stay in Nova Scotia . I do have some Allen hooks but I usually use Mustad. Unfortunately our $ adds roughly 30% to the price just in foreign exchange so price is something I look at. Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate very much.

I just looked at the link Mike Chell posted. I am not into hooks that seriously yet, but that site is pretty remarkable and obviously a work with a lot of passion. Not to derail things, but a big thank you to Eide for all the work and knowledge he has shared. That was huge undertaking and very well done.