Fly Tying
dontheo

Mustad size 32 hook

I have been tying "small" for some time now and have searched all over trying to find a few of these hooks. When tying, and I want to go this small I go to the Tiemco 32 but it has a gap that is quite a bit wider. Anyway, these are not for tying. I am looking for the gold plated mustad size #32 that had a "blind" eye. I only need a few that I want to use in a few rods I am finishing as inlays. I know some of you have some of these squirled away! I am willing to purchase a few or even swap for some exotic matrial I have. PM me if you want to let a few go.

Thanks

Ted

Sorry Ted, last ones I saw were at least 10 yrs ago at Angler's All in Littleton, CO.

www.anglersall.com

5211 S Santa Fe Dr

Littleton, CO 80120

(303) 794-1104

Give them a ring, Cheers, Futzer.

Size 32!?!?!?

I would skip the search for #32 hooks and check into a good clinic for some counseling.

Don't let small flies ruin your life. Get help while you still can.

:)

Hi Ted,

Those hooks are stamped flat on the end where the eye is supposed to be so there's a place for your line to hold on to. This was posted on another forum not that long ago, so maybe he might still have a couple to sell.

http://www.classictrout.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2134

Regards,

Mark

I think that there are some UK suppliers that carry the 32 and its called a spade end hook with the eye section flattened out

I will have a look and ask some friends back in the UK for you

Mike

PS Arkle who posts here is a good friend maybe he will know a source for you

Thanks Everyone. That is the hook, the flattened head (Blind Eye). It was a #505 or something like that by Mustad. I think it would make an awesome inlay on a rod!

But, thinking out load, it might be possible to make some since I am just going to set them in varnish.

zfisher, I think you are right. I just hope it is not to late. Forging a hook you can barely see? I have to be nuts. Whats the number for 911:)?

T

I believe there is a Twelve Step Program for tiers who engage in this kind of behavior...

PT/TB :bugeyes:

I believe there is a Twelve Step Program for tiers who engage in this kind of behavior...

PT/TB :bugeyes:

I am in so many now there are no evenings left.

I know what your looking for-- its a Mustad 277. These are not made anymore and are nearly imposible to find. Took me years to get a few for the same thing you want them for. I did track down somebody who had some and they got 5 bucks a hook :bugeyes: They do make a unique addition to the rod. I think somebody else found some on E-bay, paid the same amount. How many hooks did you need? I'll check around.

DSC01891JPG3.jpg

Heck, buy 28's, put them on the rod and don't worry about it. The Temco 32s are two sizes larger than the Mustad 32s were, and as said, they aren't produced any more. I can't even find the Tiemcos.

I inquired a few months ago about these small hooks. The answer was they are so expensive to manufacture and with such a small demand, it is unprofitable to make them.

Ray