Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Dear Santa...

gear christmas

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:05 PM

My Christmas wish is for the end of partisan politics and an end of all the endless wars.

I hear you Molly's Dad but I'm going to wish for something just a little more realistic. Or rather, I'm going to do what I can to make my little corner of the world a little less political and more free of conflict. My plan is, I'm going to fish more and spend more time in the mountains where there's no news of all that stuff, and I couldn't do anything about it if I knew about it.

take me with you, mark.

"take me with you Mark, PLEASE

dat was a joke, mark

1. The captain is always right

2. It's the deckhand's fault

#17 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

My Christmas wish is for the end of partisan politics and an end of all the endless wars.

I hear you Molly's Dad but I'm going to wish for something just a little more realistic. Or rather, I'm going to do what I can to make my little corner of the world a little less political and more free of conflict. My plan is, I'm going to fish more and spend more time in the mountains where there's no news of all that stuff, and I couldn't do anything about it if I knew about it.

take me with you, mark.

"take me with you Mark, PLEASE

dat was a joke, mark

OH, my mistake then. I thought you did want to go fishing. My apologies. Wouldn't hurt to through a "please" in there anyway.biggrin.png It was nice to meet your Mom yesterday. 

#18 TIER

TIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:02 PM

I still do want to go fishing (please :) ), but not in the mountians. That's a little too far for my comfort. I would be happy to accompany you to quartz, though.

1. The captain is always right

2. It's the deckhand's fault

#19 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 02:57 AM

I still do want to go fishing (please smile.png ), but not in the mountians. That's a little too far for my comfort. I would be happy to accompany you to quartz, though.

OK, you got it. We're going to Quartz ( If it's OK with your parents).

#20 Pyme Fisher

Pyme Fisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:53 AM

My wish is that the tiers would tie  a set of flies for Casting for Recovery, Reel Recovery or one of the other groups.

I just donated 200 assorted flies to Project Healing Waters last night and began volunteering to teach fly tying and rod building.

Thank you, to both of you!

#21 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,180 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:42 AM

I'm wishing for above 70's for the two weeks around New Years.  Got both of those weeks off and I want to go fishing every day !

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#22 DFoster

DFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:57 AM

• “The finest gift you can give to another fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn’t someone else’s gift to you.”
~Lee Wulff

2019 was my personal best year of trout fishing on a fly.  I landed my best Brown, Rainbow and Brook Trout this year and I put every single one of them back.  So Merry Christmas and THANK YOU to all you Santa's who put good fish back whoever you are!   Given the blessing of good health for myself and my family what more can an obsessed fly angler ask for? 

"I am not against golf, since I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout."
- Paul O'Neil

#23 Flicted

Flicted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:04 PM

I wish that weather for you as well, Mike. But with that comes a request that you keep that warmth down south where it belongs. We have hard water fishing to do up here.

#24 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,180 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

Deal !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#25 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

I wish that weather for you as well, Mike. But with that comes a request that you keep that warmth down south where it belongs. We have hard water fishing to do up here.

Deal !!!

Yeah, I'm waiting for the overflow to freeze. Need cold weather for that.

#26 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

Best gift for me would be to get to spend as much time with my boys as possible between now and next fall. They just turned 18 and will be heading off to college. I will have more fishing time, which doesn't hurt, but I will miss the little buggers. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gear, christmas