Fly Tying
Capt Bob LeMay

Everglades backcountry, 29 May (fly fishing portion only)

As usual each spring guides stay pretty busy and fishing reports are the last thing that gets done. This will be my first report in a while and in the interim I lost quite a few photos after my camera quit on me.... As a result I'll only focus on my last day on the water since it pretty much provides a current look at what we're finding along the Gulf coast of the 'Glades and back in Whitewater Bay...

This first photo is almost the first pic from the new camera...

first%20redfish%20on%20fly%20-Whitewater

Here's Mike Grodner's first redfish on fly along a sheltered shoreline in Whitewater Bay, it was one of several we spotted and targeted with our Clousers.... Earl Zagrodnik got its twin a few minutes earlier (and about 300 feet behind us... It was early May and both the interior and the coast were holding fish if you could find spots out of the winds that just howled day after day...

This excerpt is from today's fishing report (and no the rest of it isn't about fly fishing....). If anyone wants to read the full report you can go here.... http://www.microskiff.com/threads/everglades-backcountry-flamingo-29-may-2016.39053/#post-310288.

Most of the time if we're working the shorelines in the interior my first choice of fly is a simple guide's pattern called a Whitewater Clouser in size 2/0. It's quick to tie, pretty durable and you can get it out of any tree, branch or root without missing a beat - then start fishing it the moment you're back in the water.... Here's a pic -weedguard and all...

post-30940-0-63945300-1464557451_thumb.jpg

post-30940-0-93404600-1464557469_thumb.jpg