Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dogfacedoc

Project Healing Waters Redfish Swap

I messaged steeldrifter and got the go-ahead for starting a swap for my local Project Healing Waters chapter's trip to Venice, LA in September. We will be chasing redfish September 12th to the 15th. There will be 5 anglers. Full disclosure, I will be one of the anglers. I will also be tying some flies for the group, I just have not decided which pattern yet.

For those not familiar with PHW, it is a group that introduces disabled veterans to fly fishing. They do rod building, fly tying, casting instruction, and guided trips. My local chapter (Oklahoma City) was started a year ago and has had several trips for trout and striper in the region, but I believe this is the first trip for reds. Those of us fishing on the trip will build a rod, take a casting class and then hopefully pull in a red!

https://projecthealingwaters.org/

What I am asking from you all is to tie whatever number of flies you feel is appropriate for the group. I would like to have at least one fly pattern for each angler, but extras would be appreciated in case snags and big fish steal a fly.

If you would like to participate, please post up with what pattern you would be sending. I will respond here and update this post, and send you a PM with my address.

I will leave this open to anyone who wants to join, I just ask that flies arrive to me by 9/1/19.

1 - atxdiscgolfer - RECEIVED

2 - DarrellP - clousers - RECEIVED x2

3 - Piker20 - assorted - RECEIVED

4 - IRLyRiser - RECEIVED

5 - fshng2 - assorted - RECEIVED

I can tie up some Clousers. Been wanting to try some red fox and coyote for them. How do we send them to you?

I can tie up some Clousers. Been wanting to try some red fox and coyote for them. How do we send them to you?

PM sent, sir.

I can whip up a batch of these for you guys. Theyre mainly good for larger reds on a 9 weight. I could tie them smaller for an 8 weight if you need.

post-56930-0-97909700-1562377327_thumb.jpeg

I can whip up a batch of these for you guys. They're mainly good for larger reds on a 9 weight. I could tie them smaller for an 8 weight if you need.

Excellent, what's it called?

Since you don't have many people signing up yet, I will try to tie up several patterns. I was thinking maybe some Seaducers, some snapping shrimp. I have never tried a Merkin before, but I may try to tie some of those.

Since you don't have many people signing up yet, I will try to tie up several patterns. I was thinking maybe some Seaducers, some snapping shrimp. I have never tried a Merkin before, but I may try to tie some of those.

8-10wt.