Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bazzer69

Anyone got a Law vice for sale?

I'm in the market for a Law Waldron vice. So please PM me if you have one or know someone who has one for sale. I know it's a long shot, but I thought I might give it a try

Bazzer

Actually there is a shop in England that has a limited run of Law vises. Beware! The asking price for a Law vise is a little over $3,000.

If you archive a couple months ago, there was a post here about it.

I found it. The forum was "Law Vise Available". You could get them at "Fly Tying Boutique". Cost, are you ready for this, $3342.00 U.S. Dollars. Good luck!! That's what they are going for now after the E-bay incident.

I kept telling you guys that Lawrence Waldron wrote me personally in an E-mail and said, and I quote" I never said I have stopped making the vise forever, I'm taking a break" . Everyone argued that I was incorrect and that he stopped making them forever. LOL. Then some dude on E-bay freaked out and purchased one for over three thousand dollars and now that's what you got to pay if you want one. It would be stupid to decrease the value of it and sell them for cheaper. Maybe if they sit around in the Fly Tying Boutique for three or four years without selling, the price might go down. But when was the last time you saw the price of something go down. I still say congrat's to Lawrence.

The last one I have seen sold personally was from (if I'm correct) Dave McPhail. Someone had two of them and sold one of them. I thought it was Dave. Don't quote me on that. Would love to know what it sold for. If your out there Dave, did you sell it? How much did you get for it? Who ever you are. Curiosity-killed-the-Cat

really, over $3K for a fly tying vise? What kind of situation would a person be in to afford that... ? Boggles the mind. I guess the same folks who can buy diamond-crusted cel phone cases. The sad part is, there is some idiot out there who will get a high interest loan in order to buy one.

oh no!

the LAW debate resumes again

who really cares what one person wants and is willing to pay for it?

Being someone who uses one daily I can assure you of one thing. Buying one, at any price, will not replace time spent at the vice developing skills. I've seen it so many times, and not only in fly tying. Of course, like any quality tool, the LAW is a joy to use.

Cheers,

C.

Barry, I really meant to loan you mine, but I took ill and missed the egg hatch this year. I may end up selling mine to pay down the med bills.

Barry, I really meant to loan you mine, but I took ill and missed the egg hatch this year. I may end up selling mine to pay down the med bills.

Sorry about the Med bills, I know what that's all about. Mine will be taken when I die. Thank you Obama and Jerry

The Egg Hatch will be on all of this winter I think.

If you decide to sell your Law please let me know. I have a bout a grand in cash stashed for one. I don't think a Law is excessive since I am a guide after all!

Not being a "collector" ... or particularly a "fan" of anything, I don't understand the prices people pay for stuff.

Coming from a technical background, I understand paying for top of the line tools, if they actually make a job easier. Or if they provide a more efficient work environment.

But I can't see paying THAT much for a vise that doesn't work any better than a Nor-vise or other 10th the price rotary vise.

Sorry ... I am not trying to goad those of you who DO collect ... just voicing my opinion on this.