Fly Tying
drkorn

LAW Vise for sale....

Wow. Only $2250.00 dollars, BUY IT NOW. I had to laugh when I saw FREE SHIPPING. I bet there are some guys out there pretty upset when they see that one for over $1000.00 off the current price. Man!! That's hard to even SAY the words "$1000.00 off" any vise. How many Mongoose's or Peak's can you buy for a $1000.00? Think about it. LOL I'm actually surprised it was still there when I went to check it out. AWESOME!!!! If I was him, I would have put a reserve at $2250.00 and made people bid on it. I bet he would have got closer to $3000.00 for it. Tempted to buy it just to resell it. LOL It wouldn't be the stupidest thing I ever did. Congrats to who ever buys it!

It's a material called Delrin. Used for self lubricating bearings. Very hard stuff.

Cheers,
C.

Wow. Only $2250.00 dollars, BUY IT NOW. I had to laugh when I saw FREE SHIPPING. I bet there are some guys out there pretty upset when they see that one for over $1000.00 off the current price. Man!! That's hard to even SAY the words "$1000.00 off" any vise. How many Mongoose's or Peak's can you buy for a $1000.00? Think about it. LOL I'm actually surprised it was still there when I went to check it out. AWESOME!!!! If I was him, I would have put a reserve at $2250.00 and made people bid on it. I bet he would have got closer to $3000.00 for it. Tempted to buy it just to resell it. LOL It wouldn't be the stupidest thing I ever did. Congrats to who ever buys it!

Interestingly enough, another c-clamp model bid up to US1619 before the auction closed a week ago, reserve not met. Perhaps the market cooled down a bit.

LAW Vice for sale...

Original Right Handed LAW vice for sale. Includes; Vice, Clamp, Bobbin arm and holder, extension arm.

This vice has been used and the bluing on the jaws has worn off a bit. However, its as sharp as new and will last a new owner a lifetime. Why am I selling this ! I have 2 and this ones become surplus... Price - Offers of no less than £1450. These are rare to get hold of and have sold on eBay for more than £2000 so, it's a bargain if your quick. Email me on [email protected] if you interested.

Just passing it on. Nowt to do with me

Cheers,

C.

Wow. It did not sale. I see he dropped the price down to $1999.99 . He came down $250.00. I'm watching this baby like a hawk.

yup still zero bids at $2K. Perhaps people are actually beginning to come to their senses.

What with the magnitude of the economic recovery this past year, I would have thought it would sell for at least $5K.

ROFLMAO

I like my HMH Standard. I can tie flies on it, and I belive that is what you also do with a LAW vise. As far as I know, a LAW doesn't tie them for you..............

$2,700!

I'm tempted to sell mine, but I'd only buy something I don't need, like another bamboo rod or something 1911 from Wilson Combat.

That makes no sense. It was buy it now for only $2250.00 earlier. LOL.. Why didn't the guy buy it then. Could have saved $450.00

bucks and bought a Mongoose and a Peak vise to boot. Or a nice Sage reel. WAKE UP PEOPLE! LOL. He must not have seen it then. Or he left his wife since then. LOL.

Auctions really get wild sometimes, always depends on who is bidding, how much they want whatever it is, and how much they are willing to spend. The buyer probably didn't see it the first time around, and when he did another potential buyer saw it, too.

I got into a discussion with a man a few months ago about auctions.; we were buying old cast iron cookware, mainly skillets, or frying pans for us in Texas, Dutch ovens, and camp ovens, along with all the rest. The other man thought things sold on ebay ran the prices of the items up above their value; I didn't. He thought we were having an argument; I was just trying to explain how auctions run.

An item for sale is worth on that particular day and at that particular time whatever a person is willing to pay for it. It may not make sense to you or me, but at that moment, it makes sense to the person who bid, so, he wins.

I have bought cattle, land, antiques, cast iron, and many other things at auction starting when I was around 13, when I first begin buying and selling calves; some items like cattle and land have economic values, so they generally only go so high, before reaching their economic values and bidding stops. Other items have sentimental value or "mean something" to a particular person, so sometimes, the price set in bidding can reach a much higher level that people anticipate. I guess LAW vises are in the latter category. That's auction sales. I love auctions, both buying and selling.

You could put another LAW vise up today and not be offered half as much, and that would be what the vise is worth at that time, unless you are willing and able to wait, and don't need the money right then.

Ray