Fly Tying
cphubert

New Tying Bench

post-19662-0-77510200-1495637325_thumb.jpg

Well new to me. A friend gave me his watchmakers / jewelers bench I plan on refinishing than mounting in my travel trailer for my traveling home.

Fantastic. Those benches are hard to find and generally command a high price. They almost look like they were designed for flytying.

Yes I am very happy, he wanted a good home for it. It is all oak framed with dovetailed drawers. I'll be searching for a older style Atlantic Salmon Federation and Trout Unlimited stickers to poly to the topside. Fits on my trailer wall with 8" to spare, may put a rod rack on the end. I feel like a kid planning to turn a cardboard box into a Flash Gordon spaceship (while trying to keep the Queen of Mars happy)

Mike, The old TV show Flash Gordon when we were kids we had a bag of wooden / glass knobs and door pulls we used to make space ships and submarines out of large cardboard boxes. Long before the internet we had to make due with imagination, your not that young...... Today the Queen of Mars would be my wife, need to keep her happy or I'll be back in one of those cardboard boxes.....

Kids will still play like that if they have a chance. TV and comp games have become too easy an option to park kids in front of.

Awesome desk as already said.

You missed the "joke" of my two posts, CP.

I didn't make anything out of cardboard boxes. We lived near a large tract of woodland ... all the way to the Wabash River 1/2 mile or so away. I spent most of my time running around in the woods, or fishing the river.