Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Genetically Bred Hackle Chicken Hatching Eggs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ebrant10

Ebrant10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Im selling hatching eggs from my Genetic Hackle Chicken lines, my birds spew from Alvin Theraults blood lines which like many of the major hackle giants of today originate from the Darbee/Minor bloodlines. These are NOT barn yard chickens and will grow useable dry fly hackle! Currently because of my small size I will only be shipping Half Dozens at a time so you can have the best chance of a good hatch rate. My price will be $50.00/hlf dzn, plus $15.00 for shipping, but if you buy a full dozen eggs for $100.00 I will pay the shipping on the second half dozen sent. I can NOT guarantee your hatch rate, I can tell you exactly how I do it and my eggs run 75-80% which is about as good as you can expect. I also can NOT guarantee how the eggs are treated by the USPS and they will not guarantee eggs either. I will ship them the same way I got them in, in an egg carton individually baggied, surrounded by bubble wrap and placed in another box surrounded by news paper. My dozen I purchased to start out with was sent this exact way and none were broke or cracked, everything was good. I will send feather samples upon request for serious inquiries ONLY. Pictures of my birds are available on the fly tying bench thread "Hackle Chickens", feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns or if you are interested.

Thanks

Evan Brant (Ebrant10)

Fishy fishy in the brook, fishy fishy bite my hook.

#2 theflywizard

theflywizard

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

Howdy Evan,

I'm interested in some of your hatching eggs at least a dozen........... Hope to chat with you later..... Kevin

#3 mybadhabit

mybadhabit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Good luck with your endevor Evan!!!

Blane

#4 Ebrant10

Ebrant10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thanks blane!

#5 Wabana99

Wabana99

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hello,

Would you have any eggs available.

Can you ship to Canada?

I am definitly interested in attaining a few of these breeds. Would you have any pics.

Thanks in advance

Bernie

#6 JSzymczyk

JSzymczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Make sure you know all the laws and regulations surrounding shipment of live materials.  There are some crazy laws pertaining to movement of animals. 

the gales of November remembered...

#7 Ebrant10

Ebrant10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JSzymczyk" data-cid="545866" data-time="1364766936"><p>
Make sure you know all the laws and regulations surrounding shipment of live materials.  There are some crazy laws pertaining to movement of animals. </p></blockquote>

Yeah,
I sent him a PM, we cant ship eggs to canada because of certain certifications that we dont have.

#8 Robinreneah

Robinreneah

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

Hey Ebrant10, are you still selling the Genetic Hackle hatching eggs?

#9 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

5 year old thread. OP last active in 2016

#10 tjm

tjm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:16 PM

5 year old thread. OP last active in 2016

Remarkable how many old and very old threads come to the top on this forum.

One of these might be the same guy?

http://sidelinghillh...the-grower.html

http://www.frankenfl...-by-evan-brant/

#11 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

Evan still selling under sidelinghill.
His capes are getting better and better.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#12 flytingonly

flytingonly

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:06 PM

i am looking for egg