Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

-SELLER FEEDBACK-

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

This will be a pinned thread for buyers to leave seller feedback, and visa versa. This way it will be easy for members to keep this all in one thread. Please ONLY reply in this thread if you are leaving feedback for someone. Thanks.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#2 Swamp Fly

Swamp Fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:18 AM

Simplejack feedback:  After a bit of aggravation on my part having to do with Paypal, my package of hooks from Simplejack was shipped that same day that I finished sorting things out (within hours actually).  A thank you to Simplejack for having patience.  Everything is exactly as described.  I could not ask for more.  I will not hesitate to do business with him again.

#3 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

+1 for SImpleJack.  I didn't have any problems with Paypal and I got my box of hooks sooner than I could've hoped.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

A+++++++ For Steeldrfiter!My rod is gorgeous!He got every single detail perfect on my custom order!Don't hesitate to buy from him!Thanks Steve!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#5 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

I forgot about this thread.  I'm going to do the +1 again ... this time for Steeldrifter.  I've now got two of his rods ... and I couldn't be more pleased.

Barbed hooks rule!

#6 Leico526

Leico526

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

+2 for Steeldrifter. I just bought one of his summer sale rods. A 5wt 8' 2pc and it is gorgeous. I still need to get a reel for it but I have used a reel from my factory rod and reel combo just to see how it feels. It sure does feel good in the hand. Steeldrifter was a pleasure to deal with and the way he packaged the rod for shipment I had no doubts there would be any damage. I would not hesitate buying another one of his rods

#7 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

I have bought 4 rods for myself from Steve and two for my son. I have turned friends on to Steve and two of them have bought rods from him. I love the matrix blanks that he builds on. Great rods at a great price. I don't have plans to buy rods anywhere else from now on.

#8 DrVette

DrVette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

I have to put out a shout out for Steeldrifter also. He went so far out to build me a custom 2 wt and to customize my favorite Orvis. It is hard to find anyone better...actually impossible.

#9 retrocarp

retrocarp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:13 AM

Yes a BIG plus for Steeldrifter

I took my rod out of it's cover the other day just to take a look at it . ;)

Nick

#10 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:20 AM

This will end up like a Steve tribute thread!!
I also brought a rod and it is spot on. Steve was very thorough and made sure the rod was spot on for my requirements.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#11 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

His pictures from his recent trip to his cabin ... I am not so sure he's lost that much weight, it's just that his head's gotten that much bigger since following this thread.

Barbed hooks rule!

#12 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

His pictures from his recent trip to his cabin ... I am not so sure he's lost that much weight, it's just that his head's gotten that much bigger since following this thread.

LMAO...I hadn't even looked at this thread till just now, forgot all about it. Gotta say though thanks guys I appreciate the kind words. Not a big deal,  just the way I was raised and taught to be. If someone is going to pay their hard earned money to you to do a job then you better darn well make sure they are happy and get their money's worth. I thank my dad for teaching me that, God rest his soul.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#13 retrocarp

retrocarp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:11 AM

Humble as well :)

Nick

#14 ihang10

ihang10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

Finally took out a 2pc 9ft7wt Steve made for me (my son's) a few months ago. Great performance, great appearance, great pricing.

It's my 4th or 5th rod from Steve, I could say the same about them all.

#15 Rocco

Rocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:01 AM

This site also just tripped me up!   How long have I had my head where it doesn't belong?

Anyway, count me among Steve's fans.  He has always delivered more quality than I could have ever expected at the price, added nice touches I did not anticipate, and, with patience, put some of my diimwitted 'bright' project ideas back on solid ground to boot.

I don't know where he finds the time -- except I'm told he only catnaps hanging from the ceiling over his fish tanks. 

Rocco