Fly Tying
Bazzer69

Rogue river salmon flies

Has anyone have any photos of the Rogue River Salmonfly? Im interested in seeing the colors of the adult both top and bottom. Troutnut has a couple but none of the bottom. I would like to accurately mimic the bottom colors in my dry fly patterns

Just search for "Salmonfly". Don't put the "Rogue River" in the search info. That way, you get pictures of all the different color combos the bugs have been seen/photographed in. Pick one.

Actually, Mike, if you type in "Rogue River Salmonfly" You get some videos of the specific hatch and even a couple of fly patterns. Think giant stonefly. They're different from the ones I've seen in Vermont which are mostly black.

Thanks guys, I would like pictures of the adult insect, yes Ive googled and tried to find photos, but none that were really clear. Maybe Ive looked in the right place. I have several entomology books but all the references and photos are in b&w!

Mikechell, thats a great picture of a female. Check out the cluster of eggs at the end of her abdomen, since most of the adults taken by trout are females Im adding a egg sac to my imitations.

Has anyone have any photos of the Rogue River Salmonfly? Im interested in seeing the colors of the adult both top and bottom. Troutnut has a couple but none of the bottom. I would like to accurately mimic the bottom colors in my dry fly patterns

Here you go, Bazzer69. Not a great shot, but genuine Rogue River salmon flies, top and bottom, taken during last summer's hatch.

Sgsnr7I.jpg