Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SilverCreek

Team USA Medals at the 2015 World Fly Fishing Competition

This year, the World Champion Fly Fishing Team USA took its first team medal, a silver, at the 2015 World Championship in Bosnia. Spain claimed a team gold, Bosnia/Herzegovina took the team bronze — and Devin Olsen of Team USA, took an individual bronze.”

http://www.wallowa.com/hunting_fishing/20150705/enterprise-fly-fisherman-medals-with-team-usa

http://www.flyfishingteamusa.com/world-team-2015.html

Congrats to them, and it was done with a dry fly ant and not a Czech Nymph weighing one ounce fished with an inch of fly out and leader from there dredging bottom. Cool.

In my mind, a fish caught on a dryfly in todays compatition fishing deserves a atomatic gold medal! Looked at the final results recently, nothing against the Czechs or their style, i like it & them, but tables turn! If someone gets to comfortable & starts to even think they've already won before the start, disaster can happen! There are also people all over the world that are so talentted at their hobby that are not even interested in comp fishing! I feel lucky to know of one, he & others that people may know of or seen all over the world are a joy to watch them perform what sometimes looks like magic! I'm shore everybody knows of or has seen one of these people! Congratulations team USA! Been a long time coming!

This tiny dry fly, technically a CDC Flying Ant, is not only the one that won Devin Olsen a bronze medal at the 2015 World Championship Fly Fishing competition in Bosnia, it is identical to the one on which he caught his very first fish at age 9.

what did the team use to win the silver medal?

Congratulations to Team USA. The USA coach did a Czech nymph fishing speak at the club I belong to last year, it was very interesting, but the rivers they fish that in Europe seem more fitted to it than the one's we have here. Most of the creeks that he described were very narrow and deep, with swift moving water, like 5' deep or so. Not what I used to fish when we were in the rockies which were more broad and shallower. jmho.

Blane