hook - Dai Riki 280 #10

thread - UTC 140 hot orange/MFC 8/0 brown

tail - goose biots brown

abdomen - 15lb Amnesia

thorax - peacock herl

hackle - hen back

wings - goose biots white

bead - brass 5/32"

mash barb, slide bead on hook; take a few wraps of non-tox and jam it in the backside

IMG_0981_zpsp8vitwl7.jpg

start thread, wrap to bend; create a small bump

IMG_0983_zpsehqcf7xh.jpg

even tips on a pair of biots (convex opposed); measure (gap width past bend), tie in/trim butts, smooth with thread

IMG_0984_zps1a595g0x.jpg

IMG_0985_zps5cdfxsws.jpg

IMG_0986_zpskngu7ux4.jpg

tie in a piece of Amnesia; brush a little Super Glue on shank, wrap forward, tie off/trim, cover with thread

IMG_0990_zpshgarxrxk.jpg

IMG_0991_zps3skfxbuc.jpg

measure (shank length) biots; tie in with tips over front of fly and trim butts

IMG_0992_zps21qh2cqu.jpg

IMG_0993_zpsubddclu4.jpg

tie in some peacock herl, twist around thread, wrap to bead, tie off/trim

IMG_0995_zps92osk5l8.jpg

IMG_0996_zps7gfycyzs.jpg

IMG_0998_zpsihuxln6v.jpg

prep hackle, tie in by butt; wrap hackle, tie off/trim

IMG_1003_zpsng2yqfsg.jpg

IMG_1004_zpso1mhlp3l.jpg

IMG_1005_zpsrnkmxtd3.jpg

fold wings back over fly, whip, SHHAN

IMG_1010_2_zpsiv7dwj3j.jpg

IMG_1015_zps3dqpoxdl.jpg

IMG_1016_zpsmchkdpzy.jpg

Regards,

Scott

where would you need such a bright fly like this? Just curious.

Thx. It's an attractor pattern (combo of a Prince and Copper John); like throwing a Royal Stimulator when nothing's showing on the water and you're trying to drum up some business.

Regards,

Scott

I like the folding wings back then whip. I am pretty new to tying flies but have just trimmed with a razer. In unfamiliar with amnesia but this is a beauty imo.

tying the wing biots forward and folding them back just prior to whip finishing the fly is brilliant technical modification. If it is your idea.... way to go.

tying the wing biots forward and folding them back just prior to whip finishing the fly is brilliant technical modification. If it is your idea.... way to go.

Definitely not my idea but can't remember where I saw it first; does make for a neater head.

Regards,

Scott

Definitely not my idea but can't remember where I saw it first; does make for a neater head.

Regards,

Scott

I just discovered the winging technique in "LaFontaine's Legacy" by Al & Gretchen Beatty. Al used it on the "Enchanted Prince" fly pattern.

I really like this fly! Great tutorial as well. But where would you need such a bright fly like this? Just curious.

Panfish would eat that thing up in that color for sure.

Also maybe fish feeding on roe and insects?

Joe has it nailed......the redish orange is about the color of a mosquito with a full belly of blood! Pan fish and even small bass would jump on that one! Sorry, but, I have no idea what he is referring to with "amnesia" unless it is the orange plastic tubing. One thing for sure, it is a great looking fly!!

Joe has it nailed......the redish orange is about the color of a mosquito with a full belly of blood! Pan fish and even small bass would jump on that one! Sorry, but, I have no idea what he is referring to with "amnesia" unless it is the orange plastic tubing. One thing for sure, it is a great looking fly!!

I have got to tie some of these up, Roland the amnesia is a shooting line he's using as a body material

Thanks, Joe. I'll be sending you some super panfish flies soon. I need to call you with a question on that new reel, too.