Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Exotics....

Very nice! Talk about a great day of fishing! That must be at the Osbourne-Ida chain?

The canal between Delray Beach and Boca....

Couple of iguanas , green on da tree, they say they taste like frogs and there is NO LIMIT!!!!!

IMG_1517.png

They got bigmouths and coppernose bream too...

I don't think I'd touch that last fish "DD" is holding. Even if I put protective coating on my fingernails I wouldn't touch it. Just cut the line when it got close to the boat. What fish of those do you eat, or do you? I've had some say the fish taste good but won't eat them from the channels and canals because of the water quality. The Cichlid looks like it would fillet out like a big sunfish and the peacocks I've heard and read are very good eating from good water. Water quality is so important to all fish but especially those I'd eat, and I love to eat fish.

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

We left Islmarada 12:30am Wed to beat the traffic. The charter guys were getting ready to motor their boat 10 hours up to Ft Lauderdale to shelter. Their houses are on the water ...very worried! Thoughts and prayers for the Keys locals....

IMG_1545.jpg

Denduke

Traffic so bad it is taking 10 hours to get from Islamorada to Fort Lauderdale, wow! It's usually under a 10 hour drive. I was supposed to be there this weekend to fish for lobsters and assorted fish on the reef. Where did you fish out of you don't mind telling. I fish out of Anglers House a lot.

They had to motor the charter boat up to Ft Lauderdale then take care of family and home. We used DirtyBoat outa Robbie's stayed at Smugglers Cove. We worked out a reduced deal for me to fly fish and short 3 mi out to the light house. Shoulda been better but DD lost a nice grouper went in a hole and big wahoo at da boat...got some Almaco and good size bee liners off a wreck to EAT!!! KODA

Kudu, I was geared up for the free lance Langostas but after the snorkel trip at Penacamp decided at 68 my lobstering days were over. And that was with scuba.

Thoughts and prayers for the Keys locals with Irma bearing down on them....

IMG_1546.jpg

DD and I drove down from M'sipi to nephews wedding and turned it into great adventure! Ain't got pics back yet of the snorkel trip at Key Largo. Sad to see most all the stag horn coral was dead. Was down there couple of times 40 years ago. Wedding was at Ole Spanish Monastery built in 1100 in Spain and moved to Fla by Randolph Hurst and rebuilt one brick at a time.... truly amazing!

http://www.spanishmonastery.com/history

IMG_1519.jpg

The guys at Dirty Boat are ok and saved the boat. Not sure how their houses faired. Joe's was waters edge??

You can go to "Dirty Boat" on Facebook they got lil action video....this is pic no links there

IMG_1574.png

The charter boat guys had a place to tie boats in mangrove channels and saved the boat. Robbie's lost

most of their piers but pilling still there. Hopefully back to feeding the tarpon eventually....Charter business gonna be real tough for awhile....

Pics from Pennecamp Coral Park snorkel deal

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

All the staghorn/elkhorn coral I saw 40 yrs ago is dead/ broken on the bottom. They are trying to get it reastablished ....

IMG_1576.png

You dads note great for even the young knotheads to enjoy swimming there. The locals gonna need your future business .....

IMG_1608.jpg